One simple question

• Thebridgedoc
      Hi all - I've a simple question for the lot of you and I want as much in the way of both fact and opinion - Tis research for many things and is most definitely tiny difference question.

What's the biggest difference between NL5 and NL10 zoom on PokerStars?

Thoughts appreciated!
  • 9 replies
    • phantommm92
      the biggest difference is the big blind is double the amount than on nl5 and the small blind is even 2.5x!
    • EmanuelC16
      Hi Thebridgedoc,

There's no real difference in how it's played imo. You just have to be focused and not let the fact that you somehow see people being more aggressire especially preflop get to you because it's most likely they just have a hand and not playing back at you.

You can always try it out and come for some advice for spots you feel you struggle in later.

• dragan2171
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      the biggest difference is the big blind is double the amount than on nl5 and the small blind is even 2.5x!
      simple question - simple answer.
    • Cpwpoker
      NL10 ---> more fish ?
    • boges1
      you can see how many grinders are at each level by looking at the lobby and seeing what proportion if players are sitting at 4 tables at once.

the more on 4 tables, the more challenging.
    • thazar
      still value value value. It is pretty much the same. It is probably also the limit where I wound the players the most predictable

• Thebridgedoc
      Resurrecting this old piece. Up until now I haven't had the chance properly to chase. Once again, I find myself in the position to chase a couple of shots with my roll.

But I have found that actually NL10 seems to be full of worse players, maybe that's me being naive but people seem happy to 3bet with 85s and call a double suited flop, regardless of bet sizing.

I have to admit, the sheer madness here has tilted me a little and thrown me back to practicing on NL5 to make sure it wasn't a massive upswing that got me there. (I still tilted for a while)

So. NL10. Why do folk think these guys are the most predictable and does anyone agree these guys are more manic than the NL5 lot?

Have some other discussion points but let's save until this gets moving again
    • johny8984
      I have a slight therory here on this

I have a few friends that play poker and not one of them will play less than nl10 they only play for fun and making a deposit of 150 is no more expensive than a good night out they won't listen to anything to do with strategy they play by "feel" and enjoy the game

I alao remember when I first picked poker up I made a 500 dollar deposit and started on nl200 surfice to say it didn't go well but I enjoyed it so id say its perfectly possible for there to be just as many if not more fish at nl10

Well that's my thoughts on it anyway
    • elchipriota
      I feel NL10 is more predictable that NL5 Tbh,

when people 3bet they have something, else they fold. Also NL10 fish have a basic understanding of whats going on while NL5 people just play and you see all those weird calls with silly hands.

Overall though it is more or less the same. With a solid game both are beatable.