[NL20-NL50] SH NL50 Zoom, sqz pot QQ deep

• flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

4-tabling reg, 16/16 ~25 hands

Saw him having stack of 600$ (12BI), 120 and 170 so I assume he's good.
      His calling range is probable all pockets up to JJ, AQ-AKs. If I cbet I get 1 street of TT, maybe 88 and he could maybe even bluff raise.
      I'm not expecting someone at nl50 insta pull 3 streets bluff when checked to him and I could play JJ like this.

I'm inclined to check, thoughts?

Stacks:
      UTG ($141.27)
      UTG+1 ($66.10)
      CO ($26.48)
      BTN ($51.25)
      HERO (SB) ($89.33)
      BB ($89.05)

Pre-Flop: ($0.75, 6 players) HERO is SB Q:diamond: Q:spade:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 1 fold, CO calls $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, HERO raises to $8, 1 fold, UTG calls $6.50, CO folds, BTN folds

Flop: 6:heart: 9:spade: J:club: ($19.50, 2 players)
      HERO ($81.33)?
  • 3 replies
    • DailyDollarPro
      DailyDollarPro
      Silver
      As played, I think betting is better than checking. If villain bets and you call, your range is instantly capped at one pair (You wouldn't x/c with AK right?). Villain now plays perfectly against you by checking turn with all one pair hands, seeing the river for free and folding if unimproved. If an ace or king hit turn or river, villain may see an opertunity to bluff or possibly even improve to beat you.

By betting flop, villain will possibly peal one street with worse and then fold to a turn bet (You get value and villain doesn't get to see the river), or he will fold and you win the pot. Villain is unlikely to bluff raise so I think you can safely b/f flop - b/f turn - x/c or x/f river depending on reads or turn & river cards.

As far as the squeeze goes, I don't like it. Co is clearly a fish and you just scared him out of the pot and iso'ed yourself oop against the deep stacked reg. Sure QQ looks pretty and is clearly ahead of both opponents range, but you fold out so many hands that will give you post flop value by squeezing. Co didn't 3-bet so your not getting it in pre with him and I doubt it would be profitable to get QQ in pre this deep against a reg who opened from utg.

The better play imo is just to call pre. Now you keep the fish in the pot and you get a great spot to check, reg bets, fish calls, you raise, reg folds, fish calls. Or, you check, reg checks, fish checks, you bet turn, bet river.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DailyDollarPro
      The better play imo is just to call pre. Now you keep the fish in the pot and you get a great spot to check, reg bets, fish calls, you raise, reg folds, fish calls. Or, you check, reg checks, fish checks, you bet turn, bet river.
      Overall the idea is not bad but again. What to do with a raise on the flop? Raise/fold if someone shoves? Doubt that you are going with QQ gonna see the best hand 4way after someones 3bets you. So if you prefer a call(I dont 4way or 5 way my equity decreases dramaticaly->I think it is underplaying them) you should donk the flop.Because will still draw and you can give them incorrect odds. If we get raised we can still decide if we wanna continue.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I also think that betting flop is better than check. If you check you´re always guessing if he is bluffing or valuebetting and by checking you also give free cards his AK that would likely raise/call pf.

I would bet 11$ and if get called check every turn card.
      This way I can let him call flop with quite wide range (that may induce most pp-s that he called pf) and after I check turn he can either bet thin value his TT/88 or bet his floats.

Since I would take the same line with AA I don´t think he would try to bluff me out too often.

Since I also don´t expect to get raised any hand on that dry board I would b/c flop putting him rather on bluff than made hands.

best regards,