BTN: $20.00
      SB: $20.00
      BB: $9.80
      UTG: $20.00
      UTG+1: $23.39
      Hero (MP): $21.60

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero has A:heart: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.90, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10, 2 players) 2:club: 9:diamond: Q:heart:
      UTG+1 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $2.00, UTG+1 calls $1.80

Turn: ($6.10, 2 players) 3:club:
      UTG+1 bets $3.05, Hero calls $3.05

River: ($12.20, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $7.00, UTG+1 raises to $17.44, fold

UTG+1 wins $24.89

Hello Veriz!
      Do we have bet on the river? Do we can call his shove?
  • 7 replies
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Your flop raise was correct.
      Turn I am definatly raise/calling. Fish like him will stack off with a Q.
      River I probally call. If he has Q3, 93, 23 or 22 then meh (what other 3's does he call the flop with) but we are getting a decent price. His line doesnt make too much sense.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      his line looks very strange

he could have a set but will he ever check the river ?
      also his aggression is to high ... and wtsd is to low..... hands are not enough to be sure but i guess i was calling
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      For me it's a trap... his check/raise looks very strange but this kind of plays on the river means only one- better hand.
      So guys... do you think that he is able to do it with TP? I can't image it.
      This is just 27 hands so not much to say about him... there is still ~50bb to save so this decision isn't easy.

I can show you many hands when players played check/ship on the river OOP and I was beaten. You said that his line doesn't make sense. Yeap I agree but we are against bad player so he doesn't understand it.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BGawli
      For me it's a trap... his check/raise looks very strange but this kind of plays on the river means only one- better hand.
      So guys... do you think that he is able to do it with TP? I can't image it.
      This is just 27 hands so not much to say about him... there is still ~50bb to save so this decision isn't easy.

I can show you many hands when players played check/ship on the river OOP and I was beaten. You said that his line doesn't make sense. Yeap I agree but we are against bad player so he doesn't understand it.
      I dont think he would do it with TP. I think he might spew with a busted draw or second pair into a bluff. If the turn and river were both Tens, Jacks, Kings, Eights, I agree with a bet/fold b/c I can see many of these cards bet/calling flop. There just arent many 3s in his range after the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Vs such an opponent could even raise the flop bigger and then just raise the turn and get it in. He has enough of draws there in his range and of course Qx hands.

As played on the river I guess it might be even one of the spots where I'd make the crying Call. You can never be sure what that kind of player thinks. He may even come over the top with Q9 there this way and totally overplays it. :D Of course if you played it rather way ahead/behind on the turn and you are so sure that he almost never comes up with worse then folding is fine. Usually in those spots I would Bet/Fold but not while having better 2pairs.

Best Regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      how do you see this that you want to play for stack with this player?
      What would you say about check back on the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      how do you see this that you want to play for stack with this player?
      What would you say about check back on the river?
      Cause we could put him such a range as well which contains Q9 and maybe even something like KK which was just slowplaying, you can never be sure what those kind of players think. If we put Q9 combos into his range then it's an easy Call cause we need only 24% equity here.