Known players:
      SB:
      $99.40
      BB:
      $58.73
      (Hero):
      $88.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A.
      Hero raises to $1.00, folds, MP calls $1.00, folds, SB raises to $6.00, BB folds, Hero raises to $13.00, folds, SB calls $7.00.

Flop: ($27.5) 9, K, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $9.00, SB raises to $19.50, Hero calls $10.50.

Turn: ($66.5) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $66.90, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $66.5.

Villain stats: 13/7, 5.3 3-bet - 57 hands

I can't see villain check raising Kx here for value, so he has a set or nothing. Question is, if I'm folding the turn should I not fold to the flop raise? I only bet 1/3 pot on the flop, could villain see this as weak, inducing a bluff? Given stack sizes, should I have made the 4-bet a little bigger?
  • 6 replies
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      I wonder why you miniraise preflop ? Missclick ?
      With these stacks i would 4bet like 15.
      I think your flop bet is small also.At least half i think.And if you plan to call a reraise on flop then what did you expect to call on turn against a raise ?
      Do you think that opponent would call a 4bet pf with 88 or 99 ? Or KK slowplayed ? I think he would ship it in with KK pf.And 88 99 is not likely.I think you are ahead here.
      Any stats from opponent ?

IMO ...
    • Supremace
      Supremace
      Bronze
      First of all you should have 4 bet bigger PF like 15-18 considering you are deep. Flop raise should at least be around 1/2 pot. I think on the flop you represent a very weak hand with 1/3 pot bet size so you do induce a lot of bluffs. I doubt the villain who is 13/7 will ever call a 4b w 99 or 88, so the only value hands he is repping is AA, KK or AK, the rest of his range are all bluffs. Even AA and KK are highly unlikely since he would most likely 5 bet them to such a min 4bet. I think you could have called it profitably. Also whats his AF?
    • DailyDollarPro
      DailyDollarPro
      Silver
      Min raise is my standard open size for all hands in all positions in zoom.

Villain stats are indicative only. Sample size is too small to make any solid conclusions about his range. Villain squeezes preflop and then calls 4-bet oop. My feeling is his range is weighted towards pocket pairs and can definitely include 88, 99 and possibly even KK, although less likely. There is no flush draw, so really the only bluff hand I feel villain can have is JT. Surely it would be suicide trying to bluff pure air in a 4-bet pot?
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Tough spot against such a nity villain. I doubt his even having a bluffin range vs your UTG open and would never expect him to have 99 or 99 here, cause his not 3betting them. I think his range QQ+, AK. I would preffer quite bigger 4bet.
      I guess such a nit might even call a 4bet with KK here, and also QQ, AK.

I dont mind the flopsizing at all, cause it is a 4bet pot and you can get the money in easily on later streets. I somehow doubt that he is going crazy with AK here (which he maybe might) or QQ so as bad as it seems, fold flop could be ok.

Lately I've expierencied few times when villain calls a 4bet, than minraises flop and 3/3 he had some big poketpair which flopped a set, so I might be a bit result oriented.
    • flekozub
      flekozub
      Bronze
      Fold flop, no need to level.

Calling flop then folding turn is burning money.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DailyDollarPro,

Preflop: Raise to 3xBB from UTG, especially being deep. 4bet size should be also fixed, at least I'd raise it to 2,5x and maybe even bigger while being deep.

As played
      Postflop: Bet/Fold the flop, what do you think he is giving up on the turn?

Best Regards.