This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SH5 cbetting after steal

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      Everest - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $5.59
      UTG: $1.55
      MP: $4.92
      CO: $5.92
      Hero (BTN): $6.92
      SB: $5.77

SB posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.08) Hero has 5:spade: 8:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.13, fold, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.29, 2 players) J:spade: T:club: A:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.20, BB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.69, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.42, fold

Hero wins $0.65

could a 3barrel on blank be called for on this board vs this opponent?
      on this board i'm well aware that i have to barrel hard since he could call with a looooot. better not to cbet at all?
  • 2 replies
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      I definitely cbet flop, good draw plus he's likely to fold a lot of his range that beats you/ has some equity. I check behind the turn though, more often than not anything that calls flop is likely to call the turn as a blank 6 changes very little (even though he folded here of course but meh).

If the river blanks I definitely just give up, obviously betting if a spade comes and folding/checking back otherwise.

Sample size is much too small to take much away from the stats, well mainly the cbet stats really.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

unless you´re not going to overbet river I would likely just give up. He should fold most of his Jx, Tx hands on the turn and he can´t have too many draws that he is going to c/f river.

I think turn barreling is fine if you have there good image. You make him fold quite a lot of hands and against Ax you still have 20% equity to hit your hand and get value on the river.

best regards,