[NL2-NL10] NL 5 K7c

• arjun2001
      I raised because he was limping in almost every single hand, so I assumed he was going for a cheap flop, againg.

Now the questions:
      Any way I could have gotten more money? Should I have raised more than min on the turn? Bet more on the flop? Or bet the river?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

MP3 ($4.74)
      CO ($4.11)
      Button ($9.26)
      Hero ($4.95)
      BB ($11.46)
      UTG ($5.45)
      UTG+1 ($10.30)
      MP1 ($3.23)
      MP2 ($10.78)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, 7.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.05, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.2, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.45) 7, A, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.2, MP1 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.85) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.35, Hero raises to $0.7, MP1 calls $0.35.

River: ($2.25) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: $2.25

Results in white below:
      Hero has Kc 7c (two pair, kings and sevens).
      MP1 doesn't show.
      Outcome: Hero wins $2.25.
  • 2 replies
    • aciddrop
      If this guy likes to play a lot, then this is a dangerous spot to go for a steal raise. Your hand isn't very good, and since he seems to be a calling station, he will probably call most raises. You are out of position, and you have to get very lucky on the flop. Here you did.

You have to bet like you mean it. You have raised, and struck your 2pair, but he could have a random Ace here. He shouldn't be calling with anything else on this board, maybe a K as well or the FD, so bet at least 2/3, because you don't want cheap callers. They hit their outs, and bingo, you're gone. Protect this hand hard. Maybe even bet potsize.

Turn, you didn't want to see a spade, but you have to bet again. By this time, if you bet potsize on the flop, the pot is now $1.35, and he only has $2.6 left, so even if he has his flush and raises, you are all in. You are in an awkward position, and it is because of the preflop decision. Since you checked and he bet, you have to make your raise significant enough so that he is committed to all in. He may have one spade, and you don't want him drawing to that.

By the river, all the money should already be in, or he has folded.
    • Thorsten77
      I'd bet more on the flop (~0,30) and bet the turn. Then, you are commited on the river, so you can easily shove against his stack.