This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl2 AdQs mono flop all in?

• Gnillperker
      Gnillperker
      Bronze
      Hey coach!

Guy goes all in after mono flop, and I get indecisive as I know I have the queen. However, there's also a chance he has a straight although I doubt it. So most likely he had spades so how many outs should I count here and how should I have played? Was it right to fold here?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.09
      SB:
      $0.65
      BB:
      $3.41
      UTG2:
      $0.92
      MP1:
      $1.85
      MP2:
      $0.67
      MP3 (Hero):
      $0.89
      CO:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, Q.
      UTG2 posts deadblind, UTG2 checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, UTG2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) 7, 5, 6 (2 players)
      UTG2 raises to $0.84, Hero folds, UTG2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.19.
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Gnillperker :)

The odds you are getting here are roughly 1:0.8 which means you roughly need 44% equity to be good here.

You are behind against any made hand at the moment, barely flipping against just a pair.. I do not think he shoves with ''just a pair'' so in any case (regardless whether he has a set , flush or 2pair) you have 9 outs maximum which is never going to be 44% equity.

If he has a flush or blocks then you have even less so I fold this :)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Gnillperker
      Gnillperker
      Bronze
      Alright great, so it's an easy fold.

However, for the sake of clarity, do you mean 44% eq on just the turn og both turn and river? Since he all-ins here he can't worsen the pot odds..

Thanks again!

EDIT: Oops, confused the chance of making hands with EQ in Equilab :f_o:
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      The action is on the Flop where you are faced with an all-in situation so based on 2 cards, you need 44%