Late stages of MTTs/SNGs with plenty chips

• AltarEgo
      AltarEgo
      Bronze
      I'm finding that I have the skill and bettering of others and can get into the money on a fairly regular basis, or at least near the bubble in both SNGs and MTTs.

My main problem is with MTT's especially. I'm able to chip up no problem and get myself good chip stacks.
      however I find myself getting a little reckless and soemtimes act like it gives me the license to loosen up and thrash the table.

In an SNG this works sometimes, but in MTTs its asking for trouble - what happens is I go from being Top 10 to getting dumped out from playing rogue hands (like J8s in midposition, hitting a flush and going all in to be beaten by a higher flush).

It's almost like I feel I have to change gears and start getting more aggressive when really I should be tightening up in early/mid spots and playing wider in position.

Any advice?
  • 3 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi AltarEgo,

It is hard to give a general advice since the problem can't be identified without seeing you play.

There are some different solutions that you may try out:

1) watching videos:
      Watch some good MTT videos (f.e. Jonathan Little's) and analyse the differences to your own game. You might find some major leaks.

2) U2U coachings:
      Find a skype group where players are working on their game on a regular basis. Sessionreviews and live sweats would be a good way to begin with. Analyse each others mistakes and improve your game constantly.

3) posting hands:
      Look for spots where you are not sure if you did the right thing. Post these hands in our hand evaluation forums and get valuable feedback from our professional hand judges.

If all three options don't help you may consider getting some professional private coaching. You can find the available private coaches here.

Furthermore I am available for private coachings as well. My hourly rate for a private coaching starts at 50$. If you want further details you may contact me via Skype or Community.

Afaik the only available MTT coaches are Tiltberger and myself atm.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      I believe both AaronLambert and DonBartos do MTT coaching as well, based on [Overview] EN PokerStrategy.com Private Coaches
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      You are right - I looked into the german private coaching threads and obv didn't find both of them there. Sorry for the incomplete information.

Regards,
      Asaban