Newbie's Problems when Registering for a Tournament

• Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      I have recently started playing $1 SnG tournaments at PartyPoker and often encounter problems registering for tournaments. Quite simply, whenever a new tournament appears, all seats are taken very quickly. Even if I am keeping my eye on the tournaments list, sometimes I am too late and have to wait for another tournament to come around.

Is there any way to "line up" for the next tournament? That would save some time and effort.

Cheers to everyone with a tip or advice.
  • 5 replies
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Just sit down at a fresh table and wait for it to fill up. If you see that there are 8 or 9 players on a table already then you may as well forget it, there is a lag between the client update and whats really happening on the tables iirc.
    • asgeir89
      asgeir89
      Bronze
      The 1$ SnG's at Party poker are horrible... They don't open up that often, and when they do they fill up in about 1-2 seconds.
    • Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by asgeir89
      The 1$ SnG's at Party poker are horrible... They don't open up that often, and when they do they fill up in about 1-2 seconds.
      Exactly. The problem is that there are no fresh tables (except, perhaps, for some particular time and days of the week).

Is there a better solution that just constantly checking for new tables and trying to snatch within those 1-2 seconds?
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      maybe have a look at this: http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/AutoHotKey

i don´t play at party myself but afaik there is a good ahk script which can autoregister you to sngs
    • Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      As if they had heard us, the things have gotten much better with $1 SnG now. There are always a few tables available for registration, so there is no need to click around like crazy any more.