Hello guys,

sorry for beeing a bit late. I had quite a lot to do over the weekend but you will get the results soon I think :D
I will only treat one important question today. Last coaching a user asked me about how to react to a resteal. In the strategy section you can find the following:

"A rule of thumb: Call a resteal with all hands that are in the resteal range of the opposition"

Imo this rule is in many cases wrong. Let's proove this with an example:

We have a 20BB stack and make a steal from the Button first in with 4BB.
SB folds and BB resteals us All-In in.
Here I will assume a range of 77+, KQo/s, ATo+, A8s+. Therefore we should call a resteal with exactly the same range. However, in order to tell if this is correct we have to consider the pot odds we get for a call.

What pot odds do we get?

BB: 20BB, SB: 0.5BB, Hero: 4BB
We have 16BB left thus we get 24.5:16 = 1.53:1 and therefore we need at least 39.5% equity in order to call (there will be rake so it should even be more btw)

Now, which equity do we have against the resteal range with our holdings?

77: 42,6%
A8s: 36.2%
ATo: 38.4%
KQo: 36.4%
KQs: 39.7%

We see that we should definitely fold some hands, even though they are in the restealing range. As so often with SSS pot odds cannot be ignored. The rule may be true if we have a smaller stack left but in many cases it is simply wrong.

Thus, always take a look at the pot odds before a call and determine your break even equity. Then compare your hand to the assumed resteal range. If you have an edge you can call. Otherwise you will have to fold even if the hand is in the restealing range.

To sum up I want to give you some hints how to conclude to a possible restealing range together with the PT/PA stats.
100%-FoldBBtosteal tells you how often your opponent doesn't fold to a steal. So this is the maximum resteal range. Nevertheless many opponents defend their blinds either through a reraise or a call. That's why the actual resteal range will be smaller then the maximum range very often. How far there's a difference is hard to tell in general. On average I think that taking something beetween 1/2 and 3/4 of the maximum range is reasonable nevertheless deviating from opponent to opponent. Individual reads can be a big help here. Especially since many opponents won't resteal only with the top 20% e.g. but rather with hands that have a good equity if their resteal gets called. So you see why reads and notes are essential here.
Another possibility could be to conclude to the resteal range accoring to your own ATS. In particular SSSP's, if they have a big database, will resteal according to the ATS they have from you. If you have a 20% ATS they will probably resteal 88+, KQs, AT+ for example. But bear in mind that this method is to easy to be very precise. Again every single opponent will react different here.

From now on I will post my coaching reviews in the new coaching forum!