Quitting poker for the time being. cya later

• qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      time for a new blog i think.
      every other blog i made led me to be doomswitched and go broke, so here we go again.
      i´ll keep it short and wont bore anyone with the usual introduction.
      will keep this blog mainly for graphs and motivation. also to remind myself not to play too many tables. thats my biggest leak by far.
      sticking to 4 tables for the next month at least. volume is so slow, which is inconvenient since im clearing the 50% scoop bonus, but i lose SO much multitabling its scary. even just adding 2 tables.

just the cliffnotes:
      -currently playing $3.5 hyper 6max and $7 HU hypers. mainly 6max though
      -ran like god for a week or so, now back to ~be (mainly due to multitabling)
      -bankroll nit (except when im on hu hyper tilt)

April is almost over, so ill wait for the end of the month for graphs.
      gonna stay at $3.5s until i clear the bonus then move up with a comfortable br even after withdrawing the money i had to deposit for bonus.
      i´m only silverstar on pokerstars, but it´s pretty impossible to reach gold playing just $3,5s since i´d need 3k of them... maybe once i move up to $7s.

need around 70 sngs a day for the next month to clear bonus.
      probably gonna have to break my 4table max at a time rule since it otherwise takes too long to get there,
  • 15 replies
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      Good luck, I used to play 3,5s turbo 6max sngs, they are soft, but variance is very big.
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      so pokerstars have a new milestone hand.
      comes at a good time since sngs havent been going great last few days,
      gonna play nl5 FR for the next week or so. still have my scoop bonus to clear,
      and cash-games arent too bad to create vpps , especially since i play too many tables. might try out 6max at some point, but id have to move down to nl2 to reduce losses/variance.

down after 7k hands today.
      but thats ok, still getting back into the cash game groove.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

might play some more later. depends how i feel after the footy.
      GO SPURS!!!
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      didnt play any more yesterday.
      played ~3 hours today.
      not gonna post graphs every day, maybe every 10k hands or so.
      probably wont play tomorrow, depending on whether i go out or not.

today´s results:

hands: 3652
      vpps: 57 (didnt reach daily target of 70)
      milestone hand: nope
      winnings: up a bit.

guess im not raking as much as i thought. might add some sngs. will see
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      quick cashgame summary.
      20k hands, mainly nl5.
      tried playing nl10 mss for a while since i figured i woukd get more vpps and quicker, so if i hit a milestone hand it´d be better.
      ended up losing $50 in just 1.5k hands of nl10 while winning $8 in 19k hands NL5.... quite a bit below ev, and that doesnt even take count of the times i lost with KK<AA preflop.....

gonna go back to hyper turbo sngs for now. gonna play some HU ones today and see how it goes.

im considering just playing nl5 on 24 tables.... it would give me gold status on pokerstars which is ~300 dollars. so if i play breakeven/slightly winning poker that wouldnt be too bad. only problem is I am a MASSIVE loser on nl10 so i couldnt really move up.
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      I know most likely nobody is going to read this but I might as well use this to vent a bit.

TL;DR: I suck at poker so I´m quitting.

Been playing poker online 5+ years now. Ever since I turned 18...
      I´ve always been breakeven/slightly-losing player. Never cashed out more than $100 in total though. (in the +ve thx to RB or upswings)
      Tried all sorts of sites and all sorts of games. Pretty much exclusively NLholdem though. Must have spent another sh*tload on video suscriptions, books and such things, but any improvements in my game were always temporary and i just went back to sucking...

Thats why it´s now time to call it quits.
      If I ever get the itch to come back I hope I´ll read this post of my general failure beforehand.

Summary of my play:
      Sharscope says I have 10k livetime games with ROI of 2% so that´s probably pretty accurate. Unfortunately I can´t check my cashgame stats since PTR isnt allowed to track anymore, but I would guess I played at ~-10bb/100 over 200k hands. It´s probably worse than that since I was down from every stake from NL2-NL50 Which is the main reason I was always broke...

I still enjoy playing live with friends or small pub-games, and I probably
      won´t give that up so quickly.

If I do ever come back to online poker it´ll be to play some other game, but definitely not NL holdem... Probably some kind of fixed limit game where even I can´t lose THAT much.

thx and bye
    • DAMNWhySoSerious
      DAMNWhySoSerious
      Basic
      i know how you feel mate, but dont quit.... i feel the same everyday when i lose... i never won a tournament, my best was 8 place and won 120$... 5 mins ago i finished 3rd in 300fpp satelitte tournament and won 2500fpp, and first two gets 250$... i feel sick, i wanna win one time, always so close and so far... i advice you to take a break from poker and get back when you feel for it... the best thing imo is to find some friends who play and you can discuss with them... but discussing with pub players is probably not a good idea :D ...
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      if you do decide to comeback, I think the logical step would be coaching. Seems you need a structered poker diet to get things going properly.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qnb07
      I know most likely nobody is going to read this but I might as well use this to vent a bit.

I´ve always been breakeven/slightly-losing player. Never cashed out more than $100 in total though. (in the +ve thx to RB or upswings)
      Tried all sorts of sites and all sorts of games. Pretty much exclusively NLholdem though. Must have spent another sh*tload on video suscriptions, books and such things, but any improvements in my game were always temporary and i just went back to sucking...

If I ever get the itch to come back I hope I´ll read this post of my general failure beforehand.

Summary of my play:
      Sharscope says I have 10k livetime games with ROI of 2% so that´s probably pretty accurate. Unfortunately I can´t check my cashgame stats since PTR isnt allowed to track anymore, but I would guess I played at ~-10bb/100 over 200k hands. It´s probably worse than that since I was down from every stake from NL2-NL50 Which is the main reason I was always broke...

If I do ever come back to online poker it´ll be to play some other game, but definitely not NL holdem... Probably some kind of fixed limit game where even I can´t lose THAT much.

thx and bye
      I will be really short, mein. I am not happy to see this. If you decide to come back and play SnG, I will spend 2-3 hours with you reviewing your game and trying to help. For free of course. Sometimes, it takes just one lil step to make the big decision.

Take care.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      Originally posted by qnb07

Summary of my play:

thx and bye
      I will be really short, mein. I am not happy to see this. If you decide to come back and play SnG, I will spend 2-3 hours with you reviewing your game and trying to help. For free of course. Sometimes, it takes just one lil step to make the big decision.

Take care.
      Nice gesture :)
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kurrkabin

Take care.
      thx for the offer. I´ll definitely take you up on it, when/if I come back.
      I probably won´t be able to keep away for more than a month anyway :D
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Just take this offer now and don't leave. You are saying that you will be back in a month, so what's a point in leaving? Coach is willing to work with you for free - that's about as good as it can get at ps.com. Use this opportunity, and start workin even harder instead of moaning that you can't win. If you work hard you will start owning those tables and motivation will be back up when you'll start winning.

And remember - such offer from coach might not be available next time you will start playing.
    • Vygantas82
      Vygantas82
      Bronze
      :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin: :s_biggrin:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      The caring member replies and spontaneous coach's offer shows just what this community is really all about and why it just rocks! :s_cool: :s_cool:

Super regards,

Mal.
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      this may not be helpful, but if you really want to see your cash game results on PTR, you can ask Stars to allow it for you and they can then be seen.

as far as you quitting, only you know what is best for you, but I'll tell you, when I read this

I chuckled.
      I have shirts older than you!
      so don't make any hasty decisions.

:f_biggrin:
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Hey,
      Try a sweat session, it is a great opportunity. It might change everything. You will be amazed at how different things look when you feel you are not alone and you can actually talk to someone :)