is pokerstars is trusted?

• s3xas
      s3xas
      Global
      i am playing at pokerstars 4 years made some cash outs and made lots of deposits( but is not important). and not i started to think what pokerstars is cheating. why? because i am playing like all strategies said: play with good hands( and i lost about 60% of them) but its not important if u lose in early mtts stage but generaly u lost in late phase near big prizes( and its happens always).
      I think what all poker sites hawe one idea: if u are new at poker u ll win if u long time playing poker its big percentage what u ll lose near big prizes.
      if u not agrre with my opinion. plz say how many cash u cash out from pokerstars, and how many plus u are from online poker.
      i understand what are some pro players who are earning from poker money, but only 1%. the rest 99% is losing they cash.
  • 63 replies
    • FlashDavin
      FlashDavin
      Bronze
      I am by no means an expert at poker but I have made $200 from my starting $50.

It's possible my friend just keep at it :)

MTT especially have sick variance and make me personally very tilted and upset.
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      Hey s3xas,

If you think that the strategy your using should work and its not working then try posting some hands in the forums or find a player at your stakes to review some hands with.

Gambling games can do crazy things to your head. You can play well and lose over many many hands due to chance, and our brain has an apparently natural tendency to search for an explanation. Its common for people to think they're being cheated when the result they're getting is unexpected and hard to explain.

In a legit game negative results are the sum of three things: Either your opponents are playing well, you've been unlucky, OR you should improve your game. Only one of these three is completely under your control and so its most productive to focus on improving your game.

If you think you're being cheated then the only logical way to deal with that is to stop playing. In my opinion pokerstars provides us with a fair game.
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      dont fall into the trap of thinking that online poker is rigged, it isnt. the majority of players are losing players, thats just the way the poker economy works.

if you want to be a long term winner you have to dedicate yourself to continuous improvement otherwise you will become complacent and your skill level will deteriorate over time.
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      You are not the first one to make such a complaint and it's usually about almost every poker room depending on where that particular player is playing.

First of all what you are suggesting is pretty illogical. Someone always wins an MTT and pretty often those are not the best players at the table, if you know what I mean. What you are suggesting is not only that PokerStars prefers some players over others but that they have an agenda against YOU in particular. This is the worst part about all of this - the arrogance. Why in the world would PokerStars care if you win or some random other guy?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      Originally posted by badgerer
      dont fall into the trap of thinking that online poker is rigged, it isnt. the majority of players are losing players, thats just the way the poker economy works.

if you want to be a long term winner you have to dedicate yourself to continuous improvement otherwise you will become complacent and your skill level will deteriorate over time.
      So much +1
    • MrS212i
      MrS212i
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Originally posted by badgerer

So much +1
      THIS
    • delikatesa
      delikatesa
      Bronze
      I played at PokerStars 3 years and never won anything . FullTilt was the fairest, so we know what happened to him. How to believe that poker, when we see how politicians deceive the people and the huge money being claimed by himself and leave people to starve. Where is the honesty of this planet, tell me?????
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delikatesa
      I played at PokerStars 3 years and never won anything . FullTilt was the fairest, so we know what happened to him. How to believe that poker, when we see how politicians deceive the people and the huge money being claimed by himself and leave people to starve. Where is the honesty of this planet, tell me?????
      The other way around for me with full tilt i was a losing player which was break even with rakeback and with pokerstars am a winning player :f_confused: :s_confused:

It just that both site are different and player pool are differents. You have to adapt to the site and player poor playing on poker stars if I was to play on ipoker my game style would have to change for me to win.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delikatesa
      What does that have to do with anything?!?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Gold
      PokerStars is generally regarded as the toughest site out there. Yes, there are schools of fish a plenty but when you reach the latter stages of tournaments, there is gonna be better players than on most other sites.
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      honestly all the poker sites are run fairly and the bad beats etc happen equally over all sites.

Ive played on the majority of sites over the last 3 years and cashed out well over 20k (also from a $50 PS deposit) so its not a case of letting you run good initially then making you lose.

This kind of mentality can actually hurt your game, if your execting to lose or get sucked out on then you wont be playign optimally.

Also rememember, like already mentioned, player pools are different at each site and you have to adjust your game accordingly. Ill often play on mutiple sites the same day and my strategy is different for eadh site, as it is for each table.

Post hands and and try to learn where you might be going wrong.
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze

So let me get this one straight. According to you those weren't FTP owners who screwed all of their players and didn't even bother to apologize, but instead it was the government who screwed FTP owners because they were too fair towards their players? About what kind of a distorted Universe we are talking here?
    • kokos99sd
      kokos99sd
      Bronze
      Pokerstars: 0->1k$ in 6 months... rigged bro ;) (200k cash game hands played)

Post hands and and try to learn where you might be going wrong.

this
      :f_love:

just study harder!!
    • samson11
      samson11
      Bronze
      All the study in the world is of little use at a rigged table. of course I don't believe for a moment that the poker sites are rigging the game that would be counter productive. However if you sit at a table where collusion is occurring then your study will prove of little use. If you doubt that such collusion occurs then you need only to check the postings on this site in which a player talks about his account been frozen due to collusion.
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      All the study in the world is of little use at a rigged table. of course I don't believe for a moment that the poker sites are rigging the game that would be counter productive. However if you sit at a table where collusion is occurring then your study will prove of little use. If you doubt that such collusion occurs then you need only to check the postings on this site in which a player talks about his account been frozen due to collusion.

I'll stay with my original position - we are poorly evolved pattern seeking mammals. In other words we prefer a bad explanation or conspiracy theory over no theory at all. Since we live in a chaotic Universe that doesn't care about fairness towards individuals, people instead of facing this truism embark themselves on a path towards looking for some other explanation for their misfortunes or luck.

Of course, you can find examples of people claiming all kinds of things. Take religion. People have claimed for centuries that they have seen ghosts, were kidnapped by aliens, witnessed miracles, God talked to them and so on. None of those claims have withstood any meaningful scrutiny and probably never will.

As for this particular discussion - the poker enterprise is just way too big, if there was any reasonable and factual evidence of it someone working in those sites would've leaked it already. You can't contain such a huge "con job" if so many people are involved. Even if they have resources of entire U.S. technological and economical power, they are not capable of containing those secrets as time has proven it time after time after time again. I want to see some real evidence of your claims like a dead alien body but don't direct me to Ghostbusters forum threads.
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Silver
      Poker is so random it's actually scary, every hand speaks for itself and if you lose two flips in a row it doesn't mean you have greater chance in winning the third one, same thing for every other hand, just different percentage.
      Also as you said losing hands isn't that important in early stages than in late stages.
      I agree that winning hands in late stages is MORE important than winning in early stages, but the game doesn't change its randomness over time, there is just as much variance as any other hand, you just take it more seriously.
    • Vam
      Vam
      Bronze
      I bet PStars has 100% rigged RND. I blocked my account in 2011 and happy to not play fake poker.
    • SwordsDrawn
      SwordsDrawn
      Bronze
      I bet PStars has 100% rigged RND. I blocked my account in 2011 and happy to not play fake poker.

I bet 2:1 that PokerStars is 63,5% rigged.
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SwordsDrawn

I bet 2:1 that PokerStars is 63,5% rigged.
      I'll rake that bet but only 4% :tongue: