Lower variation service

• asketak
      asketak
      Bronze
      Hi

Im thinking about business idea relative to poker. How much would you pay for a service, that would make your income exactly as your $EV line? (monthly fee) For you, this means lower variation and so you can have more agressive bankroll managament so you can move stakes faster and be much less deprived from swings.

Answers both from new players and pro's appreciated. Please insert stakes you play or your bankroll.

THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS!

Asket :f_cool:

*edit : The amount Im searching for doesnt include money, which player pays TO service when running over $EV.
      So basically, when running over EV, you pay me the diff, when running below I pay the diff. Plus you pay monthly fee.
  • 23 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Would this also include an expectation to pay TO your service when running over $EV?
    • asketak
      asketak
      Bronze
      The amount, Im asking for, will not include it. But players will have to pay when running over $EV. So shortly : not.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      how big of a sample size before we / you decide to pay the EV diff.
    • asketak
      asketak
      Bronze
      no sample size
      I dont care if you are winning player or not. I will pay you the difference between your EV$ line and you real winnings. If these lines goes up or down doesnt matter.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      it already exists, cant find the name because 2+2 got hacked and is down, when its back up ill find it and send the site
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dadude77
      it already exists, cant find the name because 2+2 got hacked and is down, when its back up ill find it and send the site
      Seen this before too but cannot remember where though.
    • asketak
      asketak
      Bronze
      Ahh, waiting for the link then.
      Thanks for help, on czech forum, they are joking me whole thread. :s_cry:
    • mineriva
      mineriva
      Bronze
      ill be very interested ..... i know how to delete -ev hands from my database and I play at pokerstars and will not agree that my account be tracked.
    • asketak
      asketak
      Bronze
      :D
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      You do realize that PT and HEM mess up when it comes to calculating EV in multiway pots, right? How do you take this into account.
    • yoshiwa
      yoshiwa
      Bronze
      the idea is good , workout is imposs:)
      have been playing with this idea earlier but it is impossible to implement:)
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by asketak
      Im thinking about business idea relative to poker. How much would you pay for a service, that would make your income exactly as your $EV line? (monthly fee) For you, this means lower variation and so you can have more agressive bankroll managament so you can move stakes faster and be much less deprived from swings.
      This service already exists.
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      I would not be interested in this service.
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mineriva
      ill be very interested ..... i know how to delete -ev hands from my database and I play at pokerstars and will not agree that my account be tracked.
      the real one has a program that imports the hands while you play, its not off hem graph,
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      http://www.insuredplay.com/
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Is this super silly or just me? Having variance in poker is massively + EV for winning players.

Imagine if your solution (impossible as it may seem) could be implemented for everyone, it would basically kill off all the fish from poker sites in a very short amount of time and all the regs will kill each other with rake.

95% of fish return as a result of variance or possibly even higher percentage. Also lets not forget those iffy BE players who go on massive tilting sprees because of a bad few days. Check some sharkscope graphs and you ll see them stay on same level for 1000+ games and then lose thousands within few hundred games by going 100+ stakes.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      How do you expect to make any money from this business idea? I mean if you pay people when there under EV and they pay you when there over EV it'll be a 0sum proposition. If you plan on charging a fee well then its better for the player to just take the game and variance for what it is.
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm
      How do you expect to make any money from this business idea? I mean if you pay people when there under EV and they pay you when there over EV it'll be a 0sum proposition. If you plan on charging a fee well then its better for the player to just take the game and variance for what it is.
      Of course they use fees. So it's a great business idea with a lot of pretty much passive income. I guess people will tilt less if they don't care about being sucked out, so they expect that they will lose less if they pay a small fee than if they tilt badly. I guess this would be nice for players who are very tilt-prone, but I don't know, if you start running a lot above EV, it might be painful as well... You also have to be a winning player in order to benefit from this.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Daenerys
      Is this super silly or just me? Having variance in poker is massively + EV for winning players.

Imagine if your solution (impossible as it may seem) could be implemented for everyone, it would basically kill off all the fish from poker sites in a very short amount of time and all the regs will kill each other with rake.

95% of fish return as a result of variance or possibly even higher percentage. Also lets not forget those iffy BE players who go on massive tilting sprees because of a bad few days. Check some sharkscope graphs and you ll see them stay on same level for 1000+ games and then lose thousands within few hundred games by going 100+ stakes.
      It doesn't take away the all in variance from other players but just from those who pay for the service. So for example fish sucks out, he's happy, and you are happy as well because you still get paid your equity in a hand.