This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 Zoom thin river value shove....

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($4.84)
      SB ($10.57)
      BB ($21.07)
      UTG ($1.14)
      UTG+1 ($13.34)
      MP1 ($9.37)
      MP2 ($21.21)
      Hero (MP3) ($16.98)
      CO ($22.08)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A
      4 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, Button calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) Q, 9, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, Button calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.65) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, Button calls $1

River: ($3.65) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.10, Button calls $3.09 (All-In)

Total pot: $9.83 | Rake: $0.44

Villain is an unknown midstack which seems to be a good start for me to get value postflop.

I definately should have thought slightly harder and bet larger on both flop and turn to make river jam easier, ingame I was momentarily scared of being raised off my hand and made my bet cheaper in case that happened. Had my auto-pilot turned on and didn't realise my sizing mistake till too late :(

anyway, I didn't bet bigger on flop or turn, so maybe a river shove is too thin?
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Flop: Yep, I'd definitely Bet it bigger on such a draw-heavy board.

As played
      River: Kind of thin spot, especially almost every draw got there as JT/FD. Therefore you could even consider just shipping it as well while he wont be betting with a lot worse anyways. But if you think he is a loose guy and is capable having enough of Qx hands then just ship it.

Best Regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Yea ok. I was just going on the fact that he was unknown and my database of players is already quite sizeable. I think that isn't really a good enough read on someone to be honest to go for this very thin river shove.