This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ak 28/04

• carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 7 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP1: $10.36 (207.2 bb)
      MP2: $3.91 (78.2 bb)
      Hero (MP3): $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $5.59 (111.8 bb)
      BTN: $3.98 (79.6 bb)
      SB: $7.61 (152.2 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K A
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO folds, BTN raises to $0.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.77) Q A 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.55, BTN raises to $1.15, Hero raises to $4.19, BTN calls $2.48 and is all-in

Turn: ($8.03) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($8.03) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

The villain was a huge fish (but in this hand I feel that I am the fish :D )... What to do preflop?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello carrapa,

Preflop: Against his stack you could even 4bet it and get it in.

As played
      Postflop: What's the purpose of the donk? You don't even let him continue CBetting with weaker hands, don't really like it. But of course we are getting it in.

Best Regards.
    • carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      all in pf against a stack of 80bb? ?(
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      I guess you are not showing the villain's hand on purpose, but I am guessing that he probably had AA, QQ, 77 or AQ ?

I think calling 3B OOP is always problematic, but since you say he is a huge fish and it's a min 3B the call is not terrible.

postflop - I agree w/ veriz. this is a good spot to check to the raiser.
      your donk might scare him out when he'd bet a worse hand, or open the door for stacks when you are behind.

I'm not sure what kind of a fish your fish is, but if he normally pretty passive, you should have heard alarm bells.
      his near min raise on the flop seems to be begging for a call or re-raise.

never forget - big pots for big hands, small pots for small hands. TPTK is not a big hand.
      fish pick up hands pre-flop same as everyone else.
      fish also hit the flop sometimes.

I speak from experience as I raised JJ preflop w/ a loose passive fish (82/3 over 60 hands!) in the SB and he donked pot on a T-7-5r board. I called, then I stupidly called again when he shoved the 2 on the turn, expecting him to have Tx (say AT, KT, QT, JT, T9).
      he had T5o, and I took over his spot as "worst player at the table".
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by carrapa
      all in pf against a stack of 80bb? ?(
      Not saying it's wrong to Call while he raises so small. But you are OOP and you can't really play hit/Fold game there (wont hit often enough). :) Neither you can't be sure if you are good enough if you even hit one of your pairs.