hey guys

• Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      new to pokerstrategy and poker in general! i am reading a lot of guides and ebooks to condstantly improve my game though. I have a question however, what sort of tactic should i employ in a free roll game? is it ok if i fall below average
  • 11 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Banktewn,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

How are you finding the site? Any feedback for us? Have you taken our quiz yet to retrieve your free $50 starting capital?

So, you are new to the game then! That's no problem, we cater for everyone here!

We've even got an article for your question above

How to play a freeroll

Let me know if you need further assistance!

Best wishes,
      Gary
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      I like this website a lot mate, yes i passed the quiz finally after 3 tries and have been accepted already to get my 50 dollars to ladbrokes poker :) It has not yet arrived but i understand it takes a little time for these things to get processed. I have not yet deposited any money into ladbrokes as i read on the site that i would need to clear that bonus before i could clear the 50$ i get from pokerstrat.

My plan is to learn everything about becoming a successful player using the 50 i get from you guys and then start depositing my own money so i can build a solid bankroll

Thanks for the link to the guide mate, checking it out now!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good stuff!

Glad to hear the positive feedback!

I haven't personally played at Ladbrokes in a very long time. However, it's common knowledge that Poker sites + betting sites = FISH so I'm sure with our guides and content you will have the armoury to take those fish for their monies! :D

It's always best to make a plan or set a goal, it's very important and I believe a lot of new players don't do this and end up busto, so I'm really glad you have planned this out!

The transfer of your starting capital can take upto 48 hours and as it's the weekend it may take a little bit longer. If you are looking to learn more, I suggest taking a look at this link (contains 298 FREE videos for our basic members!) Not bad eh?

What games are you planning to play? MTTs and SNGs?

All the best,
      Gary
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Banktewn!!

Welcome to the community!!

Well done on passing the quiz! What are you going to play? Cashgames, SnG's or MTT's?

I see you are reading a lot of books to improve your game! Don't forget that we also have a lot of material to improve your game!

Keep up the good attitude and sure that free $50 is in good hands!

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      I think i will play SNGs and MTTs till i build a decent sized bankroll and then move on to cash games. This seems like the best option for me as i can decide when i join and when i leave in cash games.

Is it a good idea to play in several tables at one time btw?

Thanks for the links btw, ive read many of those guides and have even printed out some graphs / charts for quick reference while playing games :p

My goal is to create a decent/great bankroll as soon as i can so that i can play games with higher buy ins
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yay! I see you are now Bronze so I'm guessing you got your starting capital?

You can play as many tables as you feel comfortable for.

However, I wouldn't over do it at the beginning. It's probably better to play 1 or 2 tables. Keep an eye on your opponents, their ranges, what they shove with etc and take notes on them to use for future reference ;)

You should totally start a blog to update us all on your progess. You should also check out the blogging section and interact with fellow players. It's another great way of learning :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      I have already made a 5 dollar profit from playing a few cash games :D

How come this only translates to 5 points though? do the points only count from the money that i invest?
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Banktewn

Well I recommend playing cash games, because there is less variance in cash games then in tournaments and SnG's. But ultimately you have to play the game that you like the most!

You have 5 points where? On PokerStrategy.com or on ladbrokes?

Either way you get points for the rake/tournament fees that you pay. In cash games you pay rake in every hand you see the flop with. With tournaments and SnG's you can check when you register for a tournament or SnG. For example a $1+$0,2 SnG. The $0,2 are the tournament fees. I'm not sure how many points you get on ladbrokes for every dollar you pay in rake/tournament fees (someone needs to help me with that one.)

On PokerStrategy.com you will get 4 points for every dollar you pay in rake/tournament fees. For more information you can check the ladbrokes: Promotions and information

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      ah ok only the rake goes towards generating points, i get it now! :) 10 points of every 1 dollar rake in ladbrokes, just found out :p
    • Banktewn
      Banktewn
      Bronze
      I do have another question.

How do bonuses work? I mean if i end up at lets say 49 dollars after reaching the 500 point requirement to cash out the bonus can i cash out 50 or can i only cash out the 49?

Logically i should only be able to cashout the 49 but i was doubtful :p
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      you can only ever cashout what is in your account at time of cashout dun duuunnnnnnnn dunnnnnnnn :f_o: