This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQo top two vs river shove

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Cassava Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1747092
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (MP): $12.72
      CO: $13.24
      BTN: $4.00
      SB: $10.30
      BB: $4.73
      UTG: $18.16

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with A :club: Q :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, CO calls $0.35, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.20) J :heart: 4 :diamond: A :diamond: (3 players)
      UTG bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, CO folds

Turn: ($2.80) 4 :club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.80) Q :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $17.01, Hero folds

Villain VPIP/PFR/AF/WSD/Hands
      15/12/4,56/23/565
      Villain is aggro and reasonable. Havent seen him go out of line. I check behind turn both for pot control and because I dont see him call me there with worse-from EP his PFR is 12%- maybe only value from ATs (2 combos);
      he could play c/c turn with KK/QQ. I decide to get my value on the river.
      I hit my queen like a pro but then he overbet shoves his whole stack- ?(
      No idea what this means-QQ,AA,JJ,44 misclick??? Is calling ever an option and what are the odds of him making a misclick?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

Preflop: Why do you Call in first place in this spot? Having 4 opponents behind you and also vs such a nit I don't really see any option to flat-call here. Rather 3bet it.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment, we are never-ever calling the river, you are vs FH there. :)

Best Regards.
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      I never 3bet AQo vs a nit UTG raiser. He will 4bet QQ+,AK and fold hands such as AJ that I have dominated. I dont see any value in 3betting here, especially when I will be folding to his 4bets. I agree that having people behind me sucks but it is a risk I am willing to take.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jozata
      I never 3bet AQo vs a nit UTG raiser. He will 4bet QQ+,AK and fold hands such as AJ that I have dominated. I dont see any value in 3betting here, especially when I will be folding to his 4bets. I agree that having people behind me sucks but it is a risk I am willing to take.
      If he is a nit he wont even open AJ from UTG. :) So what kind of hands you dominate? Plus you are going to play the hand in multiway pot where you just going to overplay often TP type of hands.