[NL2-NL10] NL10 AQo top two vs river shove

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Cassava Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1747092
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (MP): $12.72
      CO: $13.24
      BTN: $4.00
      SB: $10.30
      BB: $4.73
      UTG: $18.16

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with A :club: Q :heart:
      UTG raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.35, CO calls $0.35, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.20) J :heart: 4 :diamond: A :diamond: (3 players)
      UTG bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, CO folds

Turn: ($2.80) 4 :club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.80) Q :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $17.01, Hero folds

Villain VPIP/PFR/AF/WSD/Hands
      15/12/4,56/23/565
      Villain is aggro and reasonable. Havent seen him go out of line. I check behind turn both for pot control and because I dont see him call me there with worse-from EP his PFR is 12%- maybe only value from ATs (2 combos);
      he could play c/c turn with KK/QQ. I decide to get my value on the river.
      I hit my queen like a pro but then he overbet shoves his whole stack- ?(
      No idea what this means-QQ,AA,JJ,44 misclick??? Is calling ever an option and what are the odds of him making a misclick?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

Preflop: Why do you Call in first place in this spot? Having 4 opponents behind you and also vs such a nit I don't really see any option to flat-call here. Rather 3bet it.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment, we are never-ever calling the river, you are vs FH there. :)

Best Regards.
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      I never 3bet AQo vs a nit UTG raiser. He will 4bet QQ+,AK and fold hands such as AJ that I have dominated. I dont see any value in 3betting here, especially when I will be folding to his 4bets. I agree that having people behind me sucks but it is a risk I am willing to take.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by jozata
      I never 3bet AQo vs a nit UTG raiser. He will 4bet QQ+,AK and fold hands such as AJ that I have dominated. I dont see any value in 3betting here, especially when I will be folding to his 4bets. I agree that having people behind me sucks but it is a risk I am willing to take.
      If he is a nit he wont even open AJ from UTG. :) So what kind of hands you dominate? Plus you are going to play the hand in multiway pot where you just going to overplay often TP type of hands.