[NL2-NL10] NL2 AcKc

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $1.99 (99.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.97 (98.5 bb)
      SB: $4.79 (239.5 bb)
      BB: $3.78 (189 bb)
      UTG+1: $1.97 (98.5 bb)
      Hero (UTG+2): $2 (100 bb)
      MP1: $2 (100 bb)
      MP2: $2.73 (136.5 bb)
      MP3: $1.97 (98.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K A
      UTG+1 raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.20, 7 folds, UTG+1 raises to $1.97 and is all-in, Hero folds

I'm guessing it's fine to fold here, him being tight and all he mostlikely have AA, KK?
      Or am I mistaking?

• 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Resilence,

Nah, not really. You at the best flipping anyways here. Although the question is if we even want to 3bet in first place with AKs which could easily be played even in multiway pot. So could as well even flat but neither vs the 3xBB raise ain't wrong.

Although the only thing what would be even for me sometimes a Call here is his W$SD which is 0% -> very weak and might be just gambling. So watch for those opponents.

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      isn't it most likely a sample size issue?
      he doesn't seem like a very unreasonable player, and while he plays pretty tight overall we probably don't have a lot of showdowns on him anyway. but he does seem to have some aggro stealing/3bet tendencies.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      isn't it most likely a sample size issue?
      he doesn't seem like a very unreasonable player, and while he plays pretty tight overall we probably don't have a lot of showdowns on him anyway. but he does seem to have some aggro stealing/3bet tendencies.
      Doubt that he is really stealing here. Rather shipping it with some stronger hand but without having seen any hands it's tough to say what. :D
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i was talking more about the w$sd :D

as for stealing i meant it as in stealing blinds (late opens) :D but ofc probably not the greatest sample either
      i'd also be very inclined to flat pre and fold as played.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i was talking more about the w$sd :D

as for stealing i meant it as in stealing blinds (late opens) :D but ofc probably not the greatest sample either
      i'd also be very inclined to flat pre and fold as played.
      I see, well 0% is still very bad, rarely see that for 188 hands. :D
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      So calling here vs his W$SD, would be adviceable here?

And by flipping I guess you mean as in coinflip, and prey to god and all that, that I'll hit a set? :)
      Just AK usually makes me loose :P
      And thought you where not to much fan of coinflipping?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So calling here vs his W$SD, would be adviceable here?

Not really, I'd rather fold without much of information how he goes to showdowns.

And by flipping I guess you mean as in coinflip, and prey to god and all that, that I'll hit a set? :)

You can't hit a set with AKs, but just hoping to hit the overcard. :) So 50/50 spot aka coinflip.

And thought you where not to much fan of coinflipping?

Didn't say anything about going broke. :) Most likely I wouldn't even. Just the case is that very often when I plan to 3bet then I am also planning to do it for value.
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      I think folding is good here without specific reads telling us otherwise. The villain looks like he doesn't get out of line much, he raised in EP and he's shoving over our 3-bet. We're probably looking at a range of QQ+/AK here and we have a smidge under 42% equity. Even with the money already in the pot we are losing money on that call.

Bitter experience at 2NL FR tells me that against reg types it's best to stick to AA/KK for preflop shoves. AK and QQ are not worth it.

Now if this was 6-handed and a pissing match over the blinds, I would be much more inclined to call. If we can add even AQs into his stack off range we are suddenly around breakeven with the money already in the pot.