[NL2-NL10] Nl25, AJo, preflop

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($9.30)
      MP2 ($37.60)
      CO ($25)
      Button ($27.85)
      Hero ($5)
      BB ($21.95)
      UTG ($50.95)
      UTG+1 ($25.10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:diamond: , A:heart: .
      1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.35, 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $2.5, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $2.95

I have a question how to treat limp/reraises preflop?

I mean my AJ is a raising hand but a fold to a reraise(due to bet: remaining stack ratio). So, should I treat limp/reraises like ordinary reraises and fold or do I push with any raising hand despite the bet: stack ratio? I push with AQ+/TT+ in this cases and make a note on the opponent, but what to do with AJ+/77+(raising hands from late and blinds position that need 1: 2,5 bet: stack ratio to push a reraise)?

...and would be correct play different if the limp/reraiser was on later position(like MP or late position)? I think then you can give much less credit to a player who plays this way.
  • 3 replies
    • alexkz
      alexkz
      Bronze
      I have a question how to treat limp/reraises preflop?

Well, if you r playing with PT+HUD , it can help you to treat limp/reraisers. Typical stats of limp/reraisers are: VPIP>10 PFR<4 and of course dont forget to make notes on that players ;)

AJo - fold here: too weak hand to call it (stack/raise =2.7, its not enough to push here), right decision
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      I just got my 2000 strategy points few days ago and am now waiting to get the pass for PT and HUD... ...and then playing should become easier, so beware you limp/reraisers. :)

Thank you for giving me their stats.
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      Without any reads, its best to play it according to the ratio tab you find in our strategy articles. And when you see a showdown you make yourself a note. These limp/reraises could be monsters, but also small pockets or suited connecters. I saw also trash hands after moves like that.