need help

• iandoyle123
      iandoyle123
      Bronze
      Ive been playing poker for something like 10 months and seem to do well in tournaments and sit n gos .Ive won 4 tournaments in that time with a few final tables on the way , so im happy enough with my tournament play .my biggest problem is cash ,was wondering does anyone have the same problem or has anyone any useful tips on how to improve my cash game.
      thanking you in advance
      IAN
  • 8 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      dont take this the wrong way, i used to be a SNG/MTT player and now i play cash, but what have yu actually done to improve your cash game? it seems like your looking for an easy answer to suddenly be great at cash?

kind regards, castle
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Ian,

While I don't play a lot of cash, I would REALLY REALLY REALLY suggest taking part in our NL Beginners Course! The feedback from the course has been out of this world.

If you want to make the start to becoming a cash shark, it's the ONLY place to start in my opinion.

All the information is in the link in my signaure below!

Best regards,
      Gary
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there iandoyle,

For cash game excellence click the link at the bottom of this post for information about our NL Limit Beginners Course!

Run by experts, you can join and leave at any time during the course; ask questions and see the experts play live, they will show you the way forward! :s_cool:

Best regards,

Mal.
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51

For cash game excellence click the link at the bottom of this post for information about our NL Limit Beginners Course!

Mal.
      HAHAHAHA! No Limit-Limit ?

Please don't ban me! :(
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey iandoyle123

Like everyone else said I advice you to start with the No limit beginners course!! I did it myself and I finished the course not so long ago! It's really the best thing you can do to start of really well with your cash games career!

Best of luck with those cash games!

RasTweet
    • iandoyle123
      iandoyle123
      Bronze
      castle ,thanks for your reply mate .Iread a lot of books on cash strategy and also watch a lot of poker not to mention playing an awful lot of hands ,but maybe your right , i might be just looking for a quick fix to my cash game .You seem like you have a lot of experience ,in your opinion do you think that some people are just more suited to one game or do you believe its possible with the right training that anyone can achieve an all round good game in cash, mtt etc.I do believe that maybe i try to play cash like i do mtts and also i seem to suffer with tilt a lot more in cash than i do in tournament play.
      kind regards
      ian
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Ian,

I think players can be good at all game types, but I personally believe it would be better to concentrate and master just one first, for example; Once you have mastered Cash, alot of the skills that you have learnt there will also be able to help you out dramatically in MTT & SnG's and visa Versa, although the general play if different between the 3, alot of the same skills do apply.

As suggested already, if you do decide to play Cash, the NL Beginner Course would be PERFECT for you :)

Here a quick rundown of what the Course is about :

The NL Beginners course will help you grasp the basics on Poker using the BSS(Big Stack Strategy) where you join the table with 100Big Blinds.
      You will start of by creating your own "Locker Room" thread where you introduce yourself to the School & Coach, this is also used to post your future homework tasks into, for marking.
      You can also use the Locker Room thread for any questions you wish to ask the schools Coach, such as:
      :diamond: 3 Players have limped/called, I have 6 :heart: 7 :heart: , what should I do and why?
      :diamond: How can I avoid Tilting so much?
      :diamond: How do you define a "Loose" Player
      Ask absolutely anything! There is no such thing as a stupid question :)

Once you have your Locker Room thread created, you can begin the learning! We have 8 Lessons for you to study, along with a Homework task with each. You will start out learning "An Introduction to Texas Holdem" & "Your Poker Mindset", you'll then move on to various subjects as you progress through the course such as "Postflop Play" and "Odds".
      There is no rush to complete each lesson, you can take as long as you wish, or even as fast as you like! :]

The course will point you in the right direction, aiming you towards the most appropriate Articles & Videos suitable for a Beginner, you'll also be able to attend our Live Coaching Sessions hosted by our School coach Veriz. In this you'll be able to watch the Coach Play Micro Limits in Real Time, see how he plays, ask him why he plays specific hands in different ways.

If you have any questions, or anything your unsure about, feel free to ask us! :)
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by iandoyle123
      castle ,thanks for your reply mate .Iread a lot of books on cash strategy and also watch a lot of poker not to mention playing an awful lot of hands ,but maybe your right , i might be just looking for a quick fix to my cash game .You seem like you have a lot of experience ,in your opinion do you think that some people are just more suited to one game or do you believe its possible with the right training that anyone can achieve an all round good game in cash, mtt etc.I do believe that maybe i try to play cash like i do mtts and also i seem to suffer with tilt a lot more in cash than i do in tournament play.
      kind regards
      ian

ahh okay seems like you ve got some experience playing cash and read some books which is a good start, im not gunna parrot what the mods have already said about the NL beginners course, but another thing that will help your cash game so much is coaching sessions, (which are including in he course) and posting hands, for evaluation, apart from that just play, take what you ve learnt in MTTs, reads, pot odds etc and apply it to cash, the strategy is just very different