Razer Naga Multi-Tabling Hotkeys

• Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Hi everyone, i just thought i'd ask the community if anyone else has tryed using a "Razer Naga" which is a mouse with 12 buttons on the side where your thumb goes, in a 3 by 4 grid.

If you'd like to see one just type "Razer Naga" into google.

I just started using the hotkeys option at pokerstars and it's made my multi-tabling ALOT faster and easier.

So there are 12 buttons on my mouse,

1 - Fold
      2 - Bet 2.5BB
      3 - Bet 45% of pot
      4 - Check
      5 - Bet 3 BB
      6 - Bet 70% of pot
      7 - Call
      8 - Bet 4BB
      9 - Bet 100% of pot
      10 - No use for this button yet.
      11 - Bet All-In
      12 - No use for this button yet.

Does anyone have any ideas to improve on this setup maybe?
  • 11 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i don't have this, but looks so easy to misclick while multitabling... :f_biggrin:
      image for the curious

i guess the only thing you can do is add different betting sizings :f_biggrin:
      and is it that useful to have buttons for the default actions? (fold/check/call)
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Reminds me of my WOW playing friends!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i don't have this, but looks so easy to misclick while multitabling... :f_biggrin:
      image for the curious

i guess the only thing you can do is add different betting sizings :f_biggrin:
      and is it that useful to have buttons for the default actions? (fold/check/call)
      I'd be inclined to agree here, as much as pushing buttons is fun and having done it for most of my life, I think it could be a recipe for disaster until I got very used of it.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I got one, it's fucking awesome, I use it with Table Ninja.

And there is no miss clicking going on, the layout is really good when you get used to it, don't knock it till you try it.

Originally posted by Tomaloc
      Yes it is, it can save you a second and if you are multi tabling those seconds add up for more time to make decisions.

My setup, (I think it needs a lot of improvement, but haven't played a lot in the last month so haven't gotten around to setting a really good layout)

Forward button: Join waitlist (or open table)
      Back button: Fold to any

1. Bet 3bb
      2. Bet 4bb
      3. Bet 2.5bb

4. Check/Fold
      5. Bet
      6. Call

7. Bet 50% pot
      8. Bet 66% pot
      9. Bet 75% pot

10. Bet pot
      11. Not assigned
      12. Open replayer

I have two layouts, one for poker that switches on automatically as I start Table ninja, and the other I use for internet, I have things like
      Close tab CTRL+W
      Open last closed tab CTRL+Shift+T
      Open new tab CTRL+T
      Minimize macro
      I also don't use mouse wheel button, but have it set to 5, because it's faster and I often am opening a lot of tabs and scroll wheel is not the greatest thing to be clicking constantly.
    • lanshan75
      lanshan75
      Basic
      Thank you for your post, it is really useful for me.
      Bronze
      :O What a mouse is that?! Ultimate laziness :D

I don't use hotkeys really, but I'm not a mass multitabler either.

I understand why people say that it's dangerous for a misclick. But I guess there is the same king of danger with table ninja and there are many people who use table ninja without a problem. Thats why I don't see you making many mistakes once you are used to it!

RasTweet
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      I have a razer mamba and that's enough thumb buttons for me :f_grin:
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      I dont have table ninja but i have used the trial, i just dont think it's that much better then the pokerstars hotkeys settings altho it does have some good lobby hotkeys for like registering to a bunch of SnG's fast or somthing.

As for the misclicking, i use this mouse and all 12 buttons for a couple of other games also and I have had alot of practice so i think i should be fine.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've thought about using a Mouse with extra buttons, but as some users have said, the dreaded miss-click!

"Press 3 for Fold, but pressed 4 to raise 70% Pot, Slam Mouse into screen, Cry"

So would you advise others to use a mouse if they haven't used one before? Anyone who isn't familiar with Hotkeys by PC Gaming may get totally overwhelmed and would take weeks to master?
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Razer also has a mouse Naga Hex that has 6 buttons at the side.

Originally posted by MattDenness
      So would you advise others to use a mouse if they haven't used one before? Anyone who isn't familiar with Hotkeys by PC Gaming may get totally overwhelmed and would take weeks to master?
      At first it does take some time to get used to, the mouse comes with like rubber bumps that you can stick on the buttons to get used to where the buttons are located, for me I teared them the off the next day. You can basically stick them to half the buttons and if your thumb is not dead meat then it's hard to missclick. It's like learning buttons in a video game at first you are thinking what you are pressing and after a while it becomes second nature.
      I do recommend getting the mouse, it has helped me a lot, in poker and just normal internet browsing I'm shaving off seconds which might not seem a lot but it's all about the small edges :D
      I can see how the mouse might look intimidating for normal computer users, but we are poker players we are constantly stepping out of our comfort zone, that's what we do.

Also I ditched Table ninja and started using Pokerstars hotkeys, I just hate that Table ninja is constantly having new updates, for me it's laggy and sometime the buttons don't work, with stars hotkeys, I don't have these problems, and I can use the Slick theme, but I will miss the auto betsizing.
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Thanks for the reply, Krishjanis i couldn't of said it better my-self!