This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] To bet or not to bet

• legand73
      legand73
      Silver
      Known players:  
      Hero:
      $4.72
      BU:
      $2.02

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , T:spade:
      CO folds, BU calls $0.05, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BU calls $0.20.

I imagine this to be a standard situation to raise here against this weak limp/call range. I'm not really sure what to put him on because i don't see plays like this that often especially from the BU. Im picking maybe low pockets low suited aces, KJ, QJ, KT, QT type hands

Flop: ($0.52) 8:diamond: , 6:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.5, BU calls $0.50.

i bet for protection here against drawing hands.Not sure if this is also a value bet aswell? because i assume that i am ahead of most of his range

Turn: ($1.52) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.6, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

not sure i like this bet it seems too big and this ace probably helped his limp/call range but maybe this is a good card to bet because the ace is a good scare card, it completes the flush and i am holding a lot of aces in my range. was it a good idea to bet the ace? and any help on the hand in general? thanks in advance

Final Pot: $1.52
  • 4 replies
    • Nocco88
      Nocco88
      Bronze
      I think the preflop play is fine. Postflop I like your flop bet size, because the flop is very draw heavy. I think you need to bet on the turn again, because you don't want to give him a free card, because most likely he has a draw here. So the bet on the turn is fine, but I think a little smaller size would be good as well 1.20-1.30. And the turn is a clear bet/fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello legand73,

Add to full stack. :)

Against his stack there is not much to pick differently there. I would also Bet the flop and ship the turn.

Best Regards.
    • legand73
      legand73
      Silver
      Oh cheers veriz i didn't pickup that his stack was so short so that explains my turn bet somewhat i guess. cheers for the insight. and by add to full stack do you mean that i should maintain a full stack whenever i can?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by legand73
      Oh cheers veriz i didn't pickup that his stack was so short so that explains my turn bet somewhat i guess. cheers for the insight. and by add to full stack do you mean that i should maintain a full stack whenever i can?
      Yep, would be nice. You missing value in long run, if you have such a function which auto re-buys use it. :)