legand73
      Bronze
      Known players:  
      Hero:
      $4.72
      BU:
      $2.02

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , T:spade:
      CO folds, BU calls $0.05, SB folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BU calls $0.20.

I imagine this to be a standard situation to raise here against this weak limp/call range. I'm not really sure what to put him on because i don't see plays like this that often especially from the BU. Im picking maybe low pockets low suited aces, KJ, QJ, KT, QT type hands

Flop: ($0.52) 8:diamond: , 6:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.5, BU calls $0.50.

i bet for protection here against drawing hands.Not sure if this is also a value bet aswell? because i assume that i am ahead of most of his range

Turn: ($1.52) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.6, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

not sure i like this bet it seems too big and this ace probably helped his limp/call range but maybe this is a good card to bet because the ace is a good scare card, it completes the flush and i am holding a lot of aces in my range. was it a good idea to bet the ace? and any help on the hand in general? thanks in advance

Final Pot: $1.52
  • 4 replies
    • Nocco88
      Nocco88
      Bronze
      I think the preflop play is fine. Postflop I like your flop bet size, because the flop is very draw heavy. I think you need to bet on the turn again, because you don't want to give him a free card, because most likely he has a draw here. So the bet on the turn is fine, but I think a little smaller size would be good as well 1.20-1.30. And the turn is a clear bet/fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello legand73,

Add to full stack. :)

Against his stack there is not much to pick differently there. I would also Bet the flop and ship the turn.

Best Regards.
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Oh cheers veriz i didn't pickup that his stack was so short so that explains my turn bet somewhat i guess. cheers for the insight. and by add to full stack do you mean that i should maintain a full stack whenever i can?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by legand73
      Oh cheers veriz i didn't pickup that his stack was so short so that explains my turn bet somewhat i guess. cheers for the insight. and by add to full stack do you mean that i should maintain a full stack whenever i can?
      Yep, would be nice. You missing value in long run, if you have such a function which auto re-buys use it. :)