This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AK valuebet river?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

The guy in the BB is a fish (small sample) high vpip, high wtsd so far
      The guy UTG is 24/17

First things first, preflop I just flatcall because the UTG opener folds a lot to 3bets.

Flop std call.

Turn PFA checks and now I have a value/protection-bet. Only the fish calls as expected.

And now the question of the hand... Do I shove the river for value from Ax, maybe Tx if he is really fishy? I thought flushes mostly ch/r OTT.

Note: I just made it halfpot OTT because I thought the fish might easily have a flush now, so I could fold to a raise easily. The money still goes in pretty easy OTR.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1748264
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $12.89
      BB: $16.29
      UTG: $57.10
      MP: $25.35
      Hero (CO): $29.24
      BTN: $28.13

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with K :heart: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, 1 fold, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.00) 2 :club: T :spade: A :club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB calls $2

Turn: ($9.00) 8 :club: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $4.50, BB calls $4.50, UTG folds

River: ($18.00) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $12.75, BB calls $9.04 all in
  • 4 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      You could possibly raise the flop for value, fish has a lots of hands he can call and even the reg can easily call with worse.
      As played against a passive fish you cant expect him to bluff very often on river when cheked to so I would prefer your line. Against more aggro fish you could ch/c the river. And I think we're never folding here since he has only halfpot bet in hist stack left.
      Offcourse he somtimes has you beat here, but thats ok cause a lot more often he does not.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jachis
      You could possibly raise the flop for value, fish has a lots of hands he can call and even the reg can easily call with worse.
      As played against a passive fish you cant expect him to bluff very often on river when cheked to so I would prefer your line. Against more aggro fish you could ch/c the river. And I think we're never folding here since he has only halfpot bet in hist stack left.
      Offcourse he somtimes has you beat here, but thats ok cause a lot more often he does not.
      We are IP so we have to bet or check, we can't check/call :) .

And yes I see we can raise flop for value bet I think we rep very strong 3way, and the PFA will fold AQ or something and fish will fold 2nd pair and all that crap...
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Oh sorry, misread the hand, Im most likley jamming the river.
      Also I think you give people way to much credit, the reg might fold a lot here, but I doubt hes folding AQ to a single raise.
      The fish in not thinking "Oh no, hes raising this flop 3way, looks so strong, I fold my Ax". Hes happy to call with any Ax, any FD and possibly some Tx and gtshts.
      Cheers.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Doubt that there is much to do vs his stack there, I'd also most likely just ship for value. But I'd also Bet a bit bigger on the turn if I am betting.

And we are 4way even, therefore not sure if I like the raise either.

Best Regards.