[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AK valuebet river?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

The guy in the BB is a fish (small sample) high vpip, high wtsd so far
      The guy UTG is 24/17

First things first, preflop I just flatcall because the UTG opener folds a lot to 3bets.

Flop std call.

Turn PFA checks and now I have a value/protection-bet. Only the fish calls as expected.

And now the question of the hand... Do I shove the river for value from Ax, maybe Tx if he is really fishy? I thought flushes mostly ch/r OTT.

Note: I just made it halfpot OTT because I thought the fish might easily have a flush now, so I could fold to a raise easily. The money still goes in pretty easy OTR.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1748264
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $12.89
      BB: $16.29
      UTG: $57.10
      MP: $25.35
      Hero (CO): $29.24
      BTN: $28.13

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with K :heart: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.75, 1 fold, SB calls $0.65, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($3.00) 2 :club: T :spade: A :club: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG bets $2, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB calls $2

Turn: ($9.00) 8 :club: (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $4.50, BB calls $4.50, UTG folds

River: ($18.00) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $12.75, BB calls $9.04 all in
  • 4 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      You could possibly raise the flop for value, fish has a lots of hands he can call and even the reg can easily call with worse.
      As played against a passive fish you cant expect him to bluff very often on river when cheked to so I would prefer your line. Against more aggro fish you could ch/c the river. And I think we're never folding here since he has only halfpot bet in hist stack left.
      Offcourse he somtimes has you beat here, but thats ok cause a lot more often he does not.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jachis
      You could possibly raise the flop for value, fish has a lots of hands he can call and even the reg can easily call with worse.
      As played against a passive fish you cant expect him to bluff very often on river when cheked to so I would prefer your line. Against more aggro fish you could ch/c the river. And I think we're never folding here since he has only halfpot bet in hist stack left.
      Offcourse he somtimes has you beat here, but thats ok cause a lot more often he does not.
      We are IP so we have to bet or check, we can't check/call :) .

And yes I see we can raise flop for value bet I think we rep very strong 3way, and the PFA will fold AQ or something and fish will fold 2nd pair and all that crap...
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Oh sorry, misread the hand, Im most likley jamming the river.
      Also I think you give people way to much credit, the reg might fold a lot here, but I doubt hes folding AQ to a single raise.
      The fish in not thinking "Oh no, hes raising this flop 3way, looks so strong, I fold my Ax". Hes happy to call with any Ax, any FD and possibly some Tx and gtshts.
      Cheers.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Doubt that there is much to do vs his stack there, I'd also most likely just ship for value. But I'd also Bet a bit bigger on the turn if I am betting.

And we are 4way even, therefore not sure if I like the raise either.

Best Regards.