[NL20-NL50] NL25 - float QKo

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Heyhow,

Playing vs unknown, well I have 12 hands on him and thisone is the first he plays. So he isn't a fish.

QKo preflop is a std call for me there.

Ahigh flop is pretty good for him since he can steal there with lots of Ax. So a fold would be okay offcourse. But I had the plan to float and raise when he bets turn to, so I perfectly rep sets and I expect him to fold AJ and below. When he doesn't bet I just take the pot with a bet vs missed cbet offcourse.

Well, a decides to ch/c and now I think moslty of weak aces and FD's. And now he leads the river... Didn't see many good hands in his range there tbh. Not many 5x. the lower Ax he would try to check it down with. And than there are missed FD's. AK could be a hand to take that line with but also expect that AK bets turn for value.

Tought okay?

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1748277
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $52.53
      MP: $42.39
      CO: $31.20
      Hero (BTN): $25.00
      SB: $18.94
      BB: $30.09

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with Q :club: K :heart:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.62, Hero calls $0.62, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.59) A :club: 3 :club: 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.59) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.05, CO calls $2.05

River: ($7.69) K :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $4.25, Hero calls $4.25
  • 6 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      You are just outleveling yourself, why do you need to play back at unknown who you dont know nothing about?
      You rarely should try to make people fold TP and even more rare expect someone to fold one.
      And raise on the flop would be better imho, where villains cbetting range is much wider and you can rep more hands.
      As played I think your betsize on turn is to small, and bet/check/bet line from villain is a value line most of the time, so I'd probably just fold river.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay thanks. :)

Agree very much with:
      Not do some rare moves vs unknown
      Raise flop > Raise turn

But you say OTF fold>raise>call? Fold is EV=0, don't you think that a raise is +EV? and should we continue betting the turn if we raise the flop and he calls?

As played I think your betsize on turn is to small, and bet/check/bet line from villain is a value line most of the time, so I'd probably just fold river.

Thanks, learned something new!
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      On the flop I dont think raising is better cause you have no idea how villain plays, only 12hands, he might never fold Ax here.
      Thats why its also harder to choose on which turns to continue betting, but I think most of the turns would be ok expext if A, 2,3 comes.
      But I repeat, I dont like making moves against unknowns :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Flop: Don't like the float on the flop in first place vs unknown. Axx boards are bad to float while he has a lot of Ax hands in his CO range. Especially while you don't even know the opponent either he is going to 2nd barrel or not.

As played
      Turn: Why do you bet so small? Would you ever Bet Ax this amount? Giving away very good odds.

As played
      River: Standard fold, don't really see him bluffing here.

Best Regards.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      fold > Jam > call on the river
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Tnx for replies guys. Very badly played!