Pre Flop: (€0.75) Hero has K:club: Q:diamond:

BTN raises to €1.50, Hero calls €1.25, fold

Flop: (€3.50, 2 players) 6:spade: 7:heart: 4:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets €2.50, Hero raises to €6.75, BTN calls €4.25

Turn: (€17.00, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero bets €12.75, BTN calls €12.75

River: (€42.50, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets €33.00, Hero calls €33.00

Villain plays 24/12 is bad player who takes tp hands to far and tryies to trap opponents in wrong spots. He doesnt fold to 3 bet so i didnt whant to play this hand oop deep in 3 bet pot. Because he opens very tight from bu i decided to make a move couse i dont think this type off flop hits his range good . Turn is good scared card and i decided to continue my story and i was suprised that he called ( he ussualy gives up here ) so i think that his range is mostly some fl draws and mybe pairs betwen 88-JJ. On river i am not sure what to do ( i was ready to give up but K comes ?) b/f, c/f, c/c ?? ( i chose c/c to let him bluff his busted draws mybe even Kx s hmm...is this bad play ??
  • 2 replies
    • Farmarchist
      interesting hand.

Agree with preflop cause he doesn't fold to 3bets a lot. But if you say he opens tight OTB, how tight is it?

This flop is a good one to raise. We always raise sets here + two pair or nutFD's or something. Offcourse he is gonna call with all overpairs and I think that 2nd barrel is very good. With a plan of ch/f'ing the turn you shouldn't ch/r flop imo, unless he is folding hands like TT OTF.

I think that sets would backraise the flop and he cant have many two pairs since he is tight, also not many 5's (when he has a 5 he could raise turn). So I pretty much agree about the range that consists a lot of FD's.

River, the hands he reps now are actually only KK/KQhaerts. AKhaerts he would have gone broke OTF I guess.

So I think it's a nice hand. With what he showed up with?
    • veriz
      Hello dzikson999,

Flop: Why I don't like the Check/Raise here is cause we don't even have backdoors, nor we don't have the position and neither I don't see a loose guy to fold any hands anyways there. I'd rather just fold in that kind of spot where he has so many draws which is almost always going to continue being IP.

As played
      Turn: Not much to comment, especially with your expectations that he folds enough to 2nd barrels.

As played
      River: Not much to do, I am not planning to fold either while his range is pretty much polarized unless you really would assume that he is slowplaying sets this far. But even them I doubt he would Bet so big nor he wouldn't Call the turn with 5x rather protect.

Best Regards.