This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 Aks

• benaars
      benaars
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $11.20 (112 bb)
      MP: $13.85 (138.5 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)
      BTN: $3.75 (37.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A K
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.05, CO calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.15) 4 2 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.65, CO calls $1.65

Turn: ($5.45) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.40, CO raises to $7.30 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.90

River: ($20.05) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

I think I couldnt get away on turn after I bet. Would you refrain from betting? I put him on floats and some smaller pocket pairs like tens maybe nines, and by dubbing I was hoping he folds that cards. We had some history before, and player knew I am actually 3betting a ton, maybe thats why he called me after all...
  • 3 replies
    • Nocco88
      Nocco88
      Bronze
      Hi!

Interesting situation. The flop cbet is good, and if he raise on the flop I think that is a no brainer all-in, because we have a lot of equity. On the turn however I would bet half a pot, and if he raise me than I just fold here. But as played you bet so big what means you committed yourself. So I think after such a large turn bet you need to get it in here.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Bronze
      yeah I was actually betting this large on purpose I was trying to show him that I am commiting myself and that his low pockets are no good anymore. If i check I would have no option but to fold or raise(no fold equity)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello benaars,

While it's a 3bet pot you don't even have to CB so big, rather make a small bet on the flop & turn and then could easily Bet/Fold the turn but as played you are practically committed with your hand.

Best Regards.