running under EV

• skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      i guess it's hard to run not under -EV when most of the time you're all-in with the best of it, still kinda sucks...

• 3 replies
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Sucks indeed, I recently had a breakeven day where I was 11 BIs under EV.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i've been running over EV last month. does that mean that i mostly get it in with 20% and suck out? :f_cry:

getting it in good most often won't make you run above or under EV more often. that's a slight fallacy
    • skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i've been running over EV last month. does that mean that i mostly get it in with 20% and suck out? :f_cry:

getting it in good most often won't make you run above or under EV more often. that's a slight fallacy
      well it's all-in -ev. however you should compare blue line to -EV line. cause the green line is influenced by the red one. 50/50 pots can fuck this up, cause in those spots the -EV lien doesn't change, just the blue line.

so:

1. if your blue line is above the -EV line you are running lucky,

2. if your blue line is below the -EV line you are running under -EV

2. if your green line is above -EV line but blue line is below -EV line, then you are not running over -EV - it means your non-showdown winnings are great

in my case - i almost never sucked out on noone and got sucked out here and there by opponents. it's understandable, because i rarely shove as underdog - these micro stakes are too easy to read.

when you look at it - it's not that bad - it's something like 20 bad beats in 16k hands and couple of lucky suck outs