This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

running under EV

• skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      i guess it's hard to run not under -EV when most of the time you're all-in with the best of it, still kinda sucks...

• 3 replies
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Sucks indeed, I recently had a breakeven day where I was 11 BIs under EV.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i've been running over EV last month. does that mean that i mostly get it in with 20% and suck out? :f_cry:

getting it in good most often won't make you run above or under EV more often. that's a slight fallacy
    • skaloon
      skaloon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i've been running over EV last month. does that mean that i mostly get it in with 20% and suck out? :f_cry:

getting it in good most often won't make you run above or under EV more often. that's a slight fallacy
      well it's all-in -ev. however you should compare blue line to -EV line. cause the green line is influenced by the red one. 50/50 pots can fuck this up, cause in those spots the -EV lien doesn't change, just the blue line.

so:

1. if your blue line is above the -EV line you are running lucky,

2. if your blue line is below the -EV line you are running under -EV

2. if your green line is above -EV line but blue line is below -EV line, then you are not running over -EV - it means your non-showdown winnings are great

in my case - i almost never sucked out on noone and got sucked out here and there by opponents. it's understandable, because i rarely shove as underdog - these micro stakes are too easy to read.

when you look at it - it's not that bad - it's something like 20 bad beats in 16k hands and couple of lucky suck outs