The man who will beat Zoom !!!

    • Neformal96
      Neformal96
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.06.2011 Posts: 3
      Hello everyone :) Recently I knew about zoom poker and it really liked to me. So for now my goal is do shoot to NL10 and beat it. I hope you will help me and we do it together :)

      Starting BR: 128.67$
      Limit: NL5

      Like I said I am new at zoom poker and sometimes I can ask dumb questions like this :)

      1010+ are a good pair to go all in pre - flop? And how I should play it after raise? Re-raise or fold?
  • 10 replies
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.04.2012 Posts: 471
      First of all welcome to our blog section! :)

      I think you should go trough NL Beginners Course, that will answer your questions.

      Well for me TT+ going all preflop is not a good idea man, KK+ that's much better! :s_thumbsup:

      Good luck at tables!
    • Neformal96
      Neformal96
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.06.2011 Posts: 3
      All NL for beginners course I had read previously. By me pre-flop cards at zoom should be different than in normal cash game.

      KK+ hmm... I think QQ+ shove pre-flop at zoom is standard. Maybe here will be more oppinions?
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.04.2012 Posts: 471
      Originally posted by Neformal96
      All NL for beginners course I had read previously. By me pre-flop cards at zoom should be different than in normal cash game.

      KK+ hmm... I think QQ+ shove pre-flop at zoom is standard. Maybe here will be more oppinions?
      That's complicated! Of course you can call a shove down with QQ if it's shortstack or you already have added a note that he is fish and makes bad shoves [ then you call down the shove even if he is 100bb deep. Or you are using poker prog that clearly shows the stats and you are sure you are ahead. Remember that Zoom players mostly are tight nits, so you won't always be ahead with QQ when goin all in preflop vs random opponent. But that's just my opinion!

      Best regards!
    • Neformal96
      Neformal96
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.06.2011 Posts: 3
      I decided that go all in pre-flop is good only with KK, AA and AK. Thank you for helping to decide :)
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.04.2012 Posts: 471
      Originally posted by Neformal96
      I decided that go all in pre-flop is good only with KK, AA and AK. Thank you for helping to decide :)
      No problem! :f_cool:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.01.2011 Posts: 6,888
      i'm not sure AK is often very good :f_eek: i'd rather stick to KK+ at first really... :f_biggrin:
      vs unknown i'll mostly flat AK and QQ. by 3betting you often iso yourself against KK+ :f_eek: or QQ+, AK if you're lucky :D "unknown ranges" rarely get worse than that

      of course get some random kind of HUD, it really really helps, then you can 3bet lighter
    • Tiltmeifucan
      Tiltmeifucan
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.04.2012 Posts: 471
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i'm not sure AK is often very good :f_eek: i'd rather stick to KK+ at first really... :f_biggrin:
      vs unknown i'll mostly flat AK and QQ. by 3betting you often iso yourself against KK+ :f_eek: or QQ+, AK if you're lucky :D "unknown ranges" rarely get worse than that

      of course get some random kind of HUD, it really really helps, then you can 3bet lighter
      +1
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Platinum
      Joined: 18.03.2008 Posts: 3,323
      don't get it in with KK below nl50 tbh unless there's some history with an aggro reg
    • Aerox232
      Aerox232
      Bronze
      Joined: 28.04.2011 Posts: 422
      i will check this from time to time.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.09.2010 Posts: 3,982
      Welcome to our blogging section!
      Have you had any more progress picking out starting hands for Zoom compared to normal cashgames and how to adapt differently?


      I'll try and drop by and see how you're doing from time to time.

      Regards,
      Richard