HM2 AI EV line problem

• wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Hi.
      Me and my friend have problem that when we shoved (overbet) AI and get called on the river this means 0EV play for AI ev line on graph. Anyone has the same problem? How to fix it?
  • 18 replies
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      yeah same problem, don't know solution.
    • Gaze73
      Gaze73
      Bronze
      I was just about to make a thread about this, I hope it gets fixed because it makes my graph look like I'm just a lucky donk.
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      Im not sure if I understand your question correctly.

If you shove AI on the river, EV isnt taken into account as you dont have any 'equity' Your EV is 0 either way.

EV is only calculated on HM when there are cards to come and you are AI.

Say you go AI on the turn with 70% equity for a total of a $200 pot (your share being $100). Your actual 'EV' in this hand is $140 as you expect to win $200 70% of the time. So you EV line will only go up $70 where as your winning line will either go up $100 or down $100

Hope that makes sense
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      @ OP
      I read somewhere (I think on HEM forum) that their EV was in fact the EV difference.
      So indeed when you go AI OTR with 100% equity the EV difference is 0. but they called it EV.

But anyway their EV on the graph doesn't match yet the EV in the report, they are meant to fix it wathever...
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CallumN

If you shove AI on the river, EV isnt taken into account as you dont have any 'equity' Your EV is 0 either way.

Say you go AI on the turn with 70% equity for a total of a $200 pot (your share being $100). Your actual 'EV' in this hand is $140 as you expect to win $200 70% of the time. So you EV line will only go up $70 where as your winning line will either go up $100 or down $100

Hope that makes sense
      I know that stuff :)
      But if I shove on the river and get called my EV line should have the same shift like green line (watch the graph above). But now my EV line is straight (and do not go up) :D If you know what I mean :D
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wnbMG

Hope that makes sense
      But if I shove on the river and get called my EV line should have the same shift like green line (watch the graph above). But now my EV line is straight (and do not go up) :D If you know what I mean :D
      Read my post above
    • CallumN
      CallumN
      Bronze
      ahhh i understand now.

• 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Originally posted by wnbMG

Hope that makes sense
      Read my post above
      I've also had this problem this week, my winnings are at ~2000bb since Sunday but my ev line is about break even. I thought I was just getting really lucky, but the ev in the report is different to the graph.

Unless I'm getting confused, if you go all in on the river and win, your ev line should increase the same as the winnings because you are expected to win 100% of the time. But it just stays the same after such hands.
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      @ OP
      I read somewhere (I think on HEM forum) that their EV was in fact the EV difference.
      So indeed when you go AI OTR with 100% equity the EV difference is 0. but they called it EV.

But anyway their EV on the graph doesn't match yet the EV in the report, they are meant to fix it wathever...
      that means that if our EV line is flat we run exactly that we should (like percents)? :s_confused: And if our EV line goes up that means that we are under EV line? :s_confused:

EDIT: I'm definitely wrong x)
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      The EV graph is buggy at the moment. The value in the reports should be fine.
      For a general EV explanation see this: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1212/What+is+EV%3F+%28Expected+Value%29
    • AarontheB
      AarontheB
      Bronze
      Is this only since the last update or has it been like that for a while? Me and a friend are betting on EV rungood/runbads so please fix it in a way that it adjusts previous graphs etc...
    • AarontheB
      AarontheB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AarontheB
      Is this only since the last update or has it been like that for a while?
      Does anyone know when exactly HM2 started to have problems with the EV graph? It's really imprortant for me. thx.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Is this only since the last update or has it been like that for a while?
      Does anyone know when exactly HM2 started to have problems with the EV graph? It's really imprortant for me. thx.
      Originally posted by netsrak
      The value in the reports should be fine.
      So can't you just look at the report number and not the graph, if they don't fix it in time for you?
    • AarontheB
      AarontheB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis

So can't you just look at the report number and not the graph, if they don't fix it in time for you?
      Thats what I do atm but it seems like mine isn't right eitehr... A few days ago it showed a pretty big diffrence for this month between the graph and the report, and then yesterday (without installing any update) It seemed to match almost exactly (and my feeling is that it adjusted the report the wrong way instead of the graph, since the graph seemed to be exactly the same as last time).
    • wnbMG
      wnbMG
      Bronze
      Is it possible that EV line is right now?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      In our Bug tracking system its still unresolved.
    • rdmnick
      rdmnick
      Bronze
      still not fixed?
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      We made some improvements but i'm not sure if all issues are already fixed.

If you want to give it a try: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/7053_Hm2AutoUpdate.exe