Bubble in MTTs

• Wohmfg
      I assume we should become more risk averse as we approach the cash bubble. And then become even more risk averse as we approach the larger prizes/final table.

I assume as a small stack we are less risk averse approaching the bubble, and the larger stack we have the more risk averse we are against the bigger stacks but not the smaller ones.

But what kind of equities are we needing near the bubble of a MTT? I guess it is heavily dependent on stack sizes, but is it similar to SNGs where sometimes you will need 70% equity to call on the bubble, and you're going to be folding some premium hands like AK to an all in many times? I would assume not, but I'm having a hard time feeling out exactly how important the bubble is in MTTs.
  • 1 reply
    • Asaban
      It depends very much on the payout structure. While you even have to fold AA sometimes (f.e. in satellites), there won't be a remarkable impact in other tournaments.

In general the bubble is of some importance. But the effect is often outweighted by the future game aspect. In the end you should always take these two concepts into consideration.

If you have further questions or want some things more specific feel free to ask.