another proud member

• Krisstef
      Krisstef
      Bronze
      Hello to everyone

My name is Christian and I come from a country some of you may not know- Bulgaria (yep thats is Eastern Europe). In the past few years I have changed my location quite a bit- starting off with Canada, afterwards the UK and I am currently doing a degree in Law in France. I am 19 years old and consider myself a poker amateur. Like many others, i first played poker at a friend's house, got JJ the first hand flopped a set and stacked some other kid :D . I did not enjoy the game very much at that time and i figured the reason was that I clearly sucked. I decided to learn to old fashioned way, so i did some research on the internet and got a few recommended books( surprise- kids still read books haha) I thought i would read a lot of strategy and prepare myself before i jumped into actually playing the game. It was quite hard applying the concepts i had read in practice and i did not start that well, i was winning some, loosing some. It took about a month before I was actually aware of what was going on and why i was doing the things I'm doing. Finally i was skilled enough to beat the NL10 with a healthy winrate. Playing casually for a few months i managed to win around 500-600 euros, which i recently deposited in Pokerstars.fr. I really enjoyed playing on party ( even though i once e-mailed them saying their software was rigged to produce action flops after loosing 10BI in one session, I know pathetic,right?) Anyway i decided to change the room for 3 reasons.
      1) Get a new welcome offer
      2) Get affiliated with pokerstrategy so i could get access to the articles and work on my game
      3) I wanted to play in the biggest poker room with people from all over the world,rather than just France.

Surprise- all poker rooms available in France are for french customers exclusively.

This is turning out to be a bit longer than I expected, so in a few words:
      I absolutely love the game of poker, I have huge Tilt issues, due to the fact that I have somehow gotten in my head that I can and i SHOULD be winning not only every session, but EVERY POT. If i get it in with 53% I consider the pot to be mine and everything else absolutely unfair. My girlfriend is my biggest leak, constantly complaining when I play. Girls...
      I am trying hard to focus on my education and not get carried away dreaming about being a Poker Pro- the money, the women, the fame and everything else, I think you know what I'm talking about.

I am really proud to be a member of the website and I really hope that I will be able to give something to the members, rather than just sponge off you guys.

I would like to ask for help with one thing. I feel i am playing a lot worse on Pokerstars, even though i am up by 6 BI for the last two days, and i am sure it is because i absolutely HATE the Lobby and especially the table themes. I would like to ask for advise if i can get a table theme as close as possible to the really simple one in partypoker with the green felt and browish background. The ones in Pokerstars are really "modern" and "electric" in my opinion and I cant really be comfortable. Has someone else suffered from the same thing, or do you think it just needs some getting used to?
      Best of luck!

Regards,

Chris
  • 6 replies
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      wow that is a lot, skimmed over it and welcome :f_p:
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Chris,

19 and you're already travelling around the world whilst Studying Law, do you use clones, or is all you? :P How come you had to travel around so much?

"surprise- kids still read books haha" - The first book I ever read was about Poker, lame right? ;)

I'm glad to see you're a proud member of PokerStrategy :f_love: I look forward to seeing you posting around and getting evolved within the community!

Tilt can be a HUGE leak to any player, I used to have problems with this myself until I introduced the Stop-Loss Strategy into my game, the general idea is that once you lose X BI's (Mine is 3) you stop playing, unless you feel that you're still playing you're A-Game, but as you've said Tilt is a problem of yours, I'd just stop straight at 3.

You hate PokerStars Lobby? :O I love it, love the Themes too! You can upload your own backgrounds to a Theme, but thats totally beyond me I'm afraid, Your best option is the post in our PokerStars Forum and wait for someone to assist you.

Again, nice to meet and hopefully see you around the forums soon!
    • Krisstef
      Krisstef
      Bronze
      Hi again

Well this is my first year doing law and i have not really had any time to travel. I used to move a lot with my mother she took a job in Toronto and then after that i Cambridge, education and work opportunities are pretty dreadful in Bulgaria. I'm living on my own nowadays, well with my girlfriend but still feels so grown up.
      I am familiar with the Stop-Loss Strategy I have not really been using it so far at least not stopping because of BIs lost, I tend to stop when I feel I'm not really enjoying myself anymore. I feel B-game is still good enough to crush the competition at the lower limits.
      Thanks for welcoming me to the community, I am very happy to be here. I am extremely impressed by the pokerstrategy staff- you guys are simply amazing.
      See you around.

Regards,

Chris
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Krisstef!

Welcome to the community!

Nice first post!

I don't know if you can change the theme to make it look like party but every time I see an other software/pokerclient I want to make it look like the last one. Often it won't work though. But after a while you do get used to it and you won't mind it anymore.

I would start using the Stop-Loss Strategy from now on if I were you. Well I use it now and I only just started on nl10 just because I want to get used to it. You B-game might still be good on the micro's but once you move up it won't be good enough anymore and you won't be used to use a Stop-Loss Strategy. Well this is just my thought, it's your choice!

Good to hear you are happy with PokerStrategy.com and with the mods and the work we do here!

Best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krisstef
      I am very happy to be here. I am extremely impressed by the pokerstrategy staff- you guys are simply amazing.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krisstef
      Hello to everyone

My name is Christian and I come from a country some of you may not know- Bulgaria (yep thats is Eastern Europe). In the past few years I have changed my location quite a bit- starting off with Canada, afterwards the UK and I am currently doing a degree in Law in France. I am 19 years old and consider myself a poker amateur. Like many others, i first played poker at a friend's house, got JJ the first hand flopped a set and stacked some other kid :D . I did not enjoy the game very much at that time and i figured the reason was that I clearly sucked. I decided to learn to old fashioned way, so i did some research on the internet and got a few recommended books( surprise- kids still read books haha) I thought i would read a lot of strategy and prepare myself before i jumped into actually playing the game. It was quite hard applying the concepts i had read in practice and i did not start that well, i was winning some, loosing some. It took about a month before I was actually aware of what was going on and why i was doing the things I'm doing. Finally i was skilled enough to beat the NL10 with a healthy winrate. Playing casually for a few months i managed to win around 500-600 euros, which i recently deposited in Pokerstars.fr. I really enjoyed playing on party ( even though i once e-mailed them saying their software was rigged to produce action flops after loosing 10BI in one session, I know pathetic,right?) Anyway i decided to change the room for 3 reasons.
      1) Get a new welcome offer
      2) Get affiliated with pokerstrategy so i could get access to the articles and work on my game
      3) I wanted to play in the biggest poker room with people from all over the world,rather than just France.

Surprise- all poker rooms available in France are for french customers exclusively.

This is turning out to be a bit longer than I expected, so in a few words:
      I absolutely love the game of poker, I have huge Tilt issues, due to the fact that I have somehow gotten in my head that I can and i SHOULD be winning not only every session, but EVERY POT. If i get it in with 53% I consider the pot to be mine and everything else absolutely unfair. My girlfriend is my biggest leak, constantly complaining when I play. Girls...
      I am trying hard to focus on my education and not get carried away dreaming about being a Poker Pro- the money, the women, the fame and everything else, I think you know what I'm talking about.

I am really proud to be a member of the website and I really hope that I will be able to give something to the members, rather than just sponge off you guys.

I would like to ask for help with one thing. I feel i am playing a lot worse on Pokerstars, even though i am up by 6 BI for the last two days, and i am sure it is because i absolutely HATE the Lobby and especially the table themes. I would like to ask for advise if i can get a table theme as close as possible to the really simple one in partypoker with the green felt and browish background. The ones in Pokerstars are really "modern" and "electric" in my opinion and I cant really be comfortable. Has someone else suffered from the same thing, or do you think it just needs some getting used to?
      Best of luck!

Regards,

Chris

welcome to my world of old chris. It used to be poker hell!! Now it's starting to become poker heaven. Why dont you give me a day or 2 to go thru ur blog, maybe you go thru mine, and we can see if theres a poker relationship to be had there or not. I like the first post. So hopefully the blog is much of the same. :) you can click the link to my blog in my sig. happy camping :D

Magic