[NL2-NL10] NL2 KQs

• oribken
      oribken
      Bronze
      Cassava Poker $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 1749112
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $1.73
      SB: $1.77
      BB: $0.99
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $4.59
      Hero (MP): $1.97
      CO: $0.22

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with Q :heart: K :heart:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks

Flop: ($0.10) 4 :club: 9 :heart: 3 :heart: (5 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.05, CO calls $0.05, BTN calls $0.05, SB folds, BB folds

Turn: ($0.25) 5 :club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15

River: ($0.70) 5 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.52, BTN raises to $1.51, Hero calls $0.99

Final Pot: $3.72
      Highlight to see
      BTN shows 3 :diamond: 5 :spade:
      Hero shows Q :heart: K :heart:
      CO shows 8 :club: 9 :club:

I am wondering should I have folded the river here. I think I played around 2 rounds at the table and the button was in the pot every hand so I knew him having a 5 was possible. But my flush beats his triples unless he has a full house. Him having a higher flush was also possible but seems very unlikely for a guy that seems to have played every hand.

On the turn, I thought it was worth it to call since the other person in front of me called.
  • 2 replies
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      I think this hand is kind of butchered.

Pre: you should have raised here. For a start, you have a good hand so get some money in and secondly open limping = not good.

Flop: I dislike betting in 5 people here. Really you want them all to fold and realistically that's not going to happen. If you do want to induce folds you need to bet more.

Turn: fine.

River: No idea what your read on the villain is but when people raise your 3rd flush on a paired board OTR, it's usually not good.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello oribken,

Preflop: Either raise up the hand or just fold. Limping isn't going to be profitable for you in long run.

As played
      Flop: Seems to be fine, although I guess I'd Bet a bit bigger ~$0,6 or something similar. Rather just Bet yourself than Check/Call it with you wont even have fold equity while it's a freeplay pot. Neither you can't be sure how good our implied odds are if we Check/Call. :)
      Turn: Not much of fold equity anyways there, no point to Bet.
      River: The problem is now also the board even paired and would the guy even shove with worse flushes? If you think so then sure, we can Call. But now again there ain't even that many of them and neither we don't have the nut-flush. So while it's just a freeplay pot we could even consider leaving the pot alone as the 5 improves enough of FH hands which could be playing a freeplay pot.

Best Regards.