Poker 770 - Bonus $ | VIP Bonus | Bonus Cash

    • MonkySandwich
      MonkySandwich
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.02.2012 Posts: 156
      Poker770 has multiple ways to get value back for your raked money. But what has the most value? I did some calulations, but I'm not sure if they are right. Can someone have a look at this?

      Note: points based on $10NLHE

      The three way to get value back:



      Calulations: Edited


      Click here for large image


      The original files: Edited versions
      MS Office
      OpenOffice



      Greetz
  • 10 replies
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.02.2012 Posts: 249
      nice work!

      i have a few questions, notes and my spreadsheet for you to check out.
      • what is VIP Cash? where do you acquire it? could you give a link to it?
      • i'm sure you're aware of this one, that your calculations do not include rake needed to clear the "Bonus $" bonuses. that inflates it's rakeback% quite a bit.
      • some of your calculations seem to have mistakes to me. mostly bolded rows. in "VIP Cash" table, the bolded rows have $R/month the same as row beneath them (max rake for given VIP level). in "Bonus Cash" table, some bolded rows have $R/month of the row above it (min take for given VIP level). and there are some other errors as well.

      visual:


      you can see the calculations sheets i made here - i had a slightly different approach to it. i haven't had any feedback yet, so i don't know if it's readable/understandable... :f_grin:
    • MonkySandwich
      MonkySandwich
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.02.2012 Posts: 156
      Hey MMPokerNab,

      Thanks for your reply. I edited the mistakes you spoted and looked it all over again. I think this is better now.

      Originally posted by MMPokerNab
      i'm sure you're aware of this one, that your calculations do not include rake needed to clear the "Bonus $" bonuses. that inflates it's rakeback% quite a bit.
      I didn't take the needed points to clear the 'Bonus $' into account (Is that correct English?), because when you clear the bonus, you gernerate points. And with those points you can buy another 'Bonus $'. Right?

      The VIP Cash can be found here, at the 'Rewards' tab.

      I didn't take a look at your calculations yet, but I'll now. (See first post)


      Greetz
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.02.2012 Posts: 249
      hiyo! :f_grin:

      about the link you gave: yes, yes.. i remember reading that. unfortunately, i believe it to just be outdated information on their page. :f_frown: and it's a pitty, because the $/Points770 in that table is better than what the shop offers for cash (instant money).

      there is more outdated information, as can be seen if you go to Poker770 client application -> Help -> (select from red menu) Cashier -> Points770:
      Once you have enough Points770, you can convert them into real money which will be added to your balance. The conversion rate is 1000:1. For example, converting 1000 Points770 will give you $1 (or the equivalent in your selected currency). Conversion is done by clicking the “Cash In Points770” button in the Cashier.

      -.-' there is no "Cash In Points770" button, silly Poker770!!

      so, yeah, i think what you linked me on that page another fossil artifact. :f_grin:

      Originally posted by MonkySandwich
      I didn't take the needed points to clear the 'Bonus $' into account (Is that correct English?), because when you clear the bonus, you gernerate points. And with those points you can buy another 'Bonus $'. Right?
      Greetz
      that's right and, yeah, that indeed does complicate things a little bit. i've partially included that fact into my calculation, so the numbers i got are slightly less than the actual $/Points770 - but, they are more realistic than if you just ignore the clearing.

      also, clearing is soo tiresome. if only we could express that in numbers as well. :f_biggrin:

      -- i see you updated your OP, good. haha, i like the question marks next to 100% rakeback, but take a look at my calculations when it's modified for clearing... looks much less appealing then.

      also, one more thing about clearing, you have a time limit! i don't know the exact values, but for $10 it's confirmed that you have 1 month.
    • MonkySandwich
      MonkySandwich
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.02.2012 Posts: 156
      OK, thanks alot

      Pretty annoying that there is so little (updated) info about this stuff.

      I quess in the end the rake with cash back is still killing compared to Stars or Party.
      I might stay just for the low rake on HUSNG's, but once I cleared my First Deposit Bonus, I'll move my 6Max game to Stars or Party.

      (Altough playing all those bots on 10NL 6max is quite fun too :D )

      EDIT:
      OT: I don't like their website, I'm Dutch and I feel like they used Google Translate or Babelfish to translate their website, full of mistakes.
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.02.2012 Posts: 249
      np, glad i could help.

      and i agree about the site. ^^;

      gl with clearing the bonus.
    • firebullgr
      firebullgr
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.03.2011 Posts: 85
      in pokerstars partypoker and 888poker it was my pleasure searching whats the best deal for my points/rake was ...
      In poker770 is a f@kin mess!!

      To sum it up...

      Where should i spend my poker770 points!?
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.02.2012 Posts: 249
      by the current information i gathered:

      if you plan on staying on Poker770, spend Points770 on "Bonus $" because you'll get the best "cashback" while slowly clearing those bonuses in $2 chunks [i don't yet know if these chunks are so small even for $100+ bonuses!!]

      if you're playing just temporarily, until you clear some bonus or participate in a promotion and won't be coming back for the foreseeable future - spend it on "Bonus Cash." this gives less cashback value, but it's the only way to extract the maximum (you won't have many leftover Points770 behind you).
    • firebullgr
      firebullgr
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.03.2011 Posts: 85
      Originally posted by MMPokerNab
      by the current information i gathered:

      if you plan on staying on Poker770, spend Points770 on "Bonus $" because you'll get the best "cashback" while slowly clearing those bonuses in $2 chunks [i don't yet know if these chunks are so small even for $100+ bonuses!!]

      if you're playing just temporarily, until you clear some bonus or participate in a promotion and won't be coming back for the foreseeable future - spend it on "Bonus Cash." this gives less cashback value, but it's the only way to extract the maximum (you won't have many leftover Points770 behind you).
      very clear thank you...
      I will bother you a little more...

      I have the FDB running does that Bonus $ run together with it or i ll have to wait ..
      I guess u dont know that answer :D
      Also if i purchase the 100$ package it will cost me 26k points...
      How many points will i have to gather after that to clear it?
    • altruist
      altruist
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.05.2007 Posts: 121
      you know what sucks? I purchased a bonus yesterday, but they haven't issued it to me yet.

      I probably wouldn't play on poker770 if it wasn't for all the fish.
    • MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.02.2012 Posts: 249
      Originally posted by firebullgr
      I have the FDB running does that Bonus $ run together with it or i ll have to wait ..
      I guess u dont know that answer :D
      Also if i purchase the 100$ package it will cost me 26k points...
      How many points will i have to gather after that to clear it?
      I don't think FDB & Bonus $ will stack (that you can clear both at the same time), but you're right.. I'm just guessing that. Hopefully soon the bonus will activate and you'll let the rest of us know.

      As mentioned, the supposed rate of clearing is 150 Points770 for a $2 chunk, so 75 Pts770 per dollar; so you'll need 7,5k Pts770 earned by paying rake or tourney fees (no bonuses count towards this). While earning those 7,5 Pts770 you'll earn a lot more through that boost we talked about before, so that gives a bit higher cashback value than the calculations in my sheet show.