This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 TopPair lowest kicker on monochrome flop

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      the opponent has taggy stats - 25/23, Af=7.0, Aggression Freq= 38% (44 hands).

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.09)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($0.98)
      CO ($4.91)
      BTN ($3.96)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: 2:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.12) T:spade: J:spade: 7:spade:

SB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.20, Hero folds

SB wins $0.86

I don't like just calling his Cbet because I see this as a failure to protect the hand. I don't like folding to the Cbet because I feel the hand is too strong against what is likely to be a wide range. Raising is not the perfect option, either, because we're basically folding out all weaker hands that don't have a spade in them and isolating ourselves against a very strong range.

After he 3bets I can't see myself beating anything.

Comments?

Thanks.
  • 4 replies
    • betdraw
      betdraw
      Bronze
      fold pre-flop and also after his c-bet on flop
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by betdraw
      fold pre-flop and also after his c-bet on flop
      1. Can you tell me your reasoning for folding this pre?

I call a bit more in this spot, since the NL2 Tags are quite easy to outplay when you've got position on them. A raise on a dry flop or a float is often enough to take the pot down. In SBvBB situations they will often be overly loose, so they won't be able to play back too often + they're OOP, which makes it even harder for them.

2. Why fold to his cbet on flop?

Thanks
      Matt
    • mallikarim
      mallikarim
      Bronze
      Why did u call preflop?Are you Patrick Antonius vs Tom Dwan and trying to out play eachother?Just fold pre OR 3-bet if you think he is weak ( if he raises SB alot ).But never call with that.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Preflop: Easy fold preflop. :) No way to play such hands. You don't dominate anything with the Call and neither I doubt that you are able to hardly overplay the opponent while having not much of information.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you raise the flop and then even fold? Not really worth turning your hand into bluff. Therefore rather just Call at the best and reevaluate the further actions/streets.

Best Regards.