[NL2-NL10] NL2 TopPair lowest kicker on monochrome flop

• inlovewithamsterdam
      the opponent has taggy stats - 25/23, Af=7.0, Aggression Freq= 38% (44 hands).

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.09)
      Hero ($2)
      UTG ($0.98)
      CO ($4.91)
      BTN ($3.96)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: 2:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.12) T:spade: J:spade: 7:spade:

SB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.40, SB raises to $1.20, Hero folds

SB wins $0.86

I don't like just calling his Cbet because I see this as a failure to protect the hand. I don't like folding to the Cbet because I feel the hand is too strong against what is likely to be a wide range. Raising is not the perfect option, either, because we're basically folding out all weaker hands that don't have a spade in them and isolating ourselves against a very strong range.

After he 3bets I can't see myself beating anything.

• 4 replies
    • betdraw
      fold pre-flop and also after his c-bet on flop
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      Originally posted by betdraw
      fold pre-flop and also after his c-bet on flop
      1. Can you tell me your reasoning for folding this pre?

I call a bit more in this spot, since the NL2 Tags are quite easy to outplay when you've got position on them. A raise on a dry flop or a float is often enough to take the pot down. In SBvBB situations they will often be overly loose, so they won't be able to play back too often + they're OOP, which makes it even harder for them.

2. Why fold to his cbet on flop?

• mallikarim
      Why did u call preflop?Are you Patrick Antonius vs Tom Dwan and trying to out play eachother?Just fold pre OR 3-bet if you think he is weak ( if he raises SB alot ).But never call with that.
    • veriz
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Preflop: Easy fold preflop. :) No way to play such hands. You don't dominate anything with the Call and neither I doubt that you are able to hardly overplay the opponent while having not much of information.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you raise the flop and then even fold? Not really worth turning your hand into bluff. Therefore rather just Call at the best and reevaluate the further actions/streets.

Best Regards.