[NL2-NL10] NL4 KJs in SB v. BTN open

• inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Bronze
      BTN looks a solid TAG: 22/19, 3bet=16%, AF=2.4, AFq=24%, Cbet=75%, 267 hands.
      BB - have 25 hands on him, but looks loose 32/8, potentially aggro (af=5.0).

Any merit in 3betting this pre?

On the flop I wasn't sure what to do, but I didn't like checking, since I'd have to c/call versus the BTN (given how wide his range is) and face a weird decision on the turn. Versus the fish I'd have to fold which I wouldn't like.

So I donked out - I assumed both BTN and BB will call with any flush draws and check behind on non-diamond turn. On the river I can c/call if the diamond misses.

Thinking of it now, by donking we fold out most of weaker (non-FD) hands and isolate ourselves against those that are stronger. Plus given how aggressive BTN&BB are, they probably wouldn't call the FD on the flop but raise it.

Thoughts?
      Thanks

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($4)
      BB ($3.63)
      UTG ($2.59)
      UTG+1 ($5.79)
      CO ($2.94)
      BTN ($4)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.14, Hero calls $0.12, BB calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.42) J:diamond: 6:diamond: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.28, BB folds, BTN folds

Hero shows J:spade: K:spade:

Hero wins $0.40
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello inlovewithamsterdam,

Preflop: Difficult to say either to 3bet it or not while I don't even see his fold to 3bet stat. :)

As played
      Postflop: Don't like the idea when you just donking the flop and then Checking the turn. What's the purpose of it? You planning to give up on the turn? Check/Call turn & river or what? For example I wouldn't really assume that they are always Checking behind their draws while they see weakness in your Check on the turn cause any made hand most likely would have Bet and protect his hand.

Best Regards.