Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3

RIVER ($8.35) T:spade: 7:diamond: 5:heart: 9:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $21 (AI), Hero calls $21

Hero shows 7:club: 7:spade:
      (Pre 50%, Flop 92.6%, Turn 81.8%)

BTN shows K:heart: J:heart:
      (Pre 50%, Flop 7.4%, Turn 18.2%)

BTN wins $48.35
      BTN is 14/12 but my sample is small (48 hands)

Need a lot of experience to fold on the river. I check on the flop because BTN has 100% Fold to C-bet.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello fotakis,

Flop: First big mistake here, CB the flop is a must to protect and get value!

As played
      Turn: Why do you overbet when few draws complete? Don't like it at all. :(

As played
      River: Easy Check/Fold while you don't beat anything, almost everything got there.

Best Regards.
    • fotakis
      fotakis
      Bronze
      How I get value if I Cbet and he folds? The board is dry. So, protection of what?
      On the turn I overbet for protection against draws (FD, JQ, TJ, 88, 89s, 78s). When he calls I put him on 55, 99+, 9Ts, ATs, AKs.
      That's why I called his river shove. From the above range only 55, 99, TT, TJd, AKd beats be.
      I can't explain his turn call with KJ.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      How I get value if I Cbet and he folds?

You can never know if he folds or not till you CB and I would assume he is able to Call with any crap there even with high cards. So standard CB for value. :)

The board is dry. So, protection of what?

But with that you are just forcing worse out of the pot and at the same time very small part of his range continues and of course also just commit yourself with even stronger hands.

On the turn I overbet for protection against draws (FD, JQ, TJ, 88, 89s, 78s). When he calls I put him on 55, 99+, 9Ts, ATs, AKs.

Definitely can't him put on such a small range, he never-ever has just those few hands. Add towards a lot of FDs maybe some other draws, made hands even and of course sets, although set would be most likely Bet the flop.

That's why I called his river shove. From the above range only 55, 99, TT, TJd, AKd beats be.I can't explain his turn call with KJ.

You are never-ever ahead vs that kind of shove, if he wanted to bluff you out then he would have done it smaller bet which gains the same fold equity. The shove is for value mainly.