Are we forced to visit Holland?

• HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hey people,

what do you guys think of Netherlands decision to shut the doors for us foreigners? I mean we all that like to smoke we are forced to go to Netherlands until the end of this year so we could really enjoy one last time smoking pot free of charges or anything similar. It is kinda said :( . I mean for me it changed my travel destination :D
      Overall, I dont get it. They make such big money from tourism just because they are liberal and modern. Anyway, I just wanted to see if I m the only one effected by this decision :P
  • 14 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      What do you mean? People can't go to live there now? I'm lost ?(
    • muppe1show1
      muppe1show1
      Bronze
      He mean that tourists cant smoke weed anymore in the coffeshops (legaly)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      What do you mean? People can't go to live there now? I'm lost ?(
      I think he is referring to the ban on smoking drugs in Holland for non natives.

Read something about this in the paper the other day but didn't actually think it would pass.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Yeah guys you got the point. After so many years of talking and arguing they really did it and I think it is quite sad. Simply just a sick decision and I have to change my schedule for the year a bit :D
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Can you post the facts as in the final date and all that Sikac.Use Amsterdam Airport alot and love popping in to the city for a smoke.Been there about 20/30 times in my life and love Amsterdam.Sad news if it's true.Thought we had another few years before this would come up.

And yes the government make a fortune from it.Not actually from the weed itself but from tourists spending on hotels,food and all that.Fuck man you just ruined my day.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      it is a shame and sort of a backwards decision given that the majority of talk seems to be on relaxing laws in most countries.

guess they get sick of all the violent weed-fuelled rampages the tourists go on

on the bright side, in any country I've been to weed is cheap, easy to get and even in the unlikely event you get caught you don't get in any trouble anyway.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      I mostly no reffering to the fact that it is cheap. It is a very marginal thing depending on the country. My point was more to the fact you dont have to be scared or worried if they caught you. I mean the quality of the staff is way better. Also I hate that everybody here in my country is a bit paranoid when they are sober talking about this as well if you get caught you are being judged from the community like you are a serial killer. This is all because of the religion called catholic and conservative people which makes people like me go to a place like Amsterdam and relax from all this retards. Anyway here is an article
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey guys

First let me get one thing straight here. Smoking weed in Holland has always been illegal as a foreigner! We could buy it in Holland but couldn't actually smoke it, but ppl didn't really care.

Now they introduced the "weed-pass". This is a pass you need to get into the coffeeshops to buy weed. And the only way to get such a pass is to be from Holland. So the rules haven't changed much, we just can't buy weed anymore in the shops. But there will be dealers on the streets who will be selling it anyways.

The shops aren't happy with these rules either because 80%+ of there income are from foreigners... A lot of shop owners even said that they won't use the weed-pass and that they'll allow anyone to come into the shop. I guess only the future will tell.

I'm from Belgium and life on the border with Holland. I don't smoke myself, but I do know a lot of ppl that do smoke. They don't really worry because weed is always easy to find. I wouldn't worry to much about not finding weed in Holland, but it's always nice to be in a shop. It's much nicer in there then buying it on the street!

RasTweet
    • MarkQuick
      MarkQuick
      Bronze
      I saw this thread which reminded by of this:

Chebahut - Where The Only Thing Fried is The Customer!

:s_confused:
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Hey guys

First let me get one thing straight here. Smoking weed in Holland has always been illegal as a foreigner! We could buy it in Holland but couldn't actually smoke it, but ppl didn't really care.

Now they introduced the "weed-pass". This is a pass you need to get into the coffeeshops to buy weed. And the only way to get such a pass is to be from Holland. So the rules haven't changed much, we just can't buy weed anymore in the shops. But there will be dealers on the streets who will be selling it anyways.

The shops aren't happy with these rules either because 80%+ of there income are from foreigners... A lot of shop owners even said that they won't use the weed-pass and that they'll allow anyone to come into the shop. I guess only the future will tell.

I'm from Belgium and life on the border with Holland. I don't smoke myself, but I do know a lot of ppl that do smoke. They don't really worry because weed is always easy to find. I wouldn't worry to much about not finding weed in Holland, but it's always nice to be in a shop. It's much nicer in there then buying it on the street!

RasTweet
      Thanks, RasTweet!
      Pretty nice post you wrote!
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I've been reading that it only is in effect in a couple of regions (not amsterdam yet afaik?) and that they plan to expand it - I think there is also a challenge.

Would they really create a secondary illicit market for cannabis in Amsterdam? it's not going to stop the tourists from buying and smoking I'm sure. I can only imagine the reaction enforcement will receive -

I guess some will have to consider emigrating to NL. Ik leer Nederlands naar computer. Dank je well. Tot Ziens!
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      In my limited experience, Amsterdam has the friendliest drug dealers in europe. :)
    • ItsTeddyKGB
      ItsTeddyKGB
      Bronze
      Just talk to some random dudes living here in Amsterdam, it won't ever be a problem to get some weed over here.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ItsTeddyKGB
      Just talk to some random dudes living here in Amsterdam, it won't ever be a problem to get some weed over here.
      Like I said before, it will never be a problem to find weed anywhere in the world.

@gavinonymous
      I've heard the same that it'll only be at the boarders of Holland. Not sure about that though... Basically they don't want us Belgians to drive 15mins across the border to buy weed :(

RasTweet