Push/calling ranges sb/bb

• Angelface21
      Angelface21
      Bronze
      I was not sure where to put this question. I am using sng wizard, but would like to know ( ofcourse it depends on stacksize and the willingness to call from my opponent versus my push and otherway around.

So far while studying ranges I can say for sure you can push any two against a tight image calling only up to 25% of his range. Against wider callers most regulars pushing about 40 percent of the range seems to be correct.

Are there any videos on this or please some suggestions and comments.

Thank you very much for the effort.

:f_cool:
  • 2 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, Angelface21!

Push/calling ranges in blind battles are something very important and how we adjust to it depends on game flow, stacksizes, ICM tax-risk aversion, reads + more as you have noticed. Our general approach is to push a looser range vs a fish, but call them tighter. Vs regs, it all depends, a good reg will understand risk aversion, hence sometimes, close to the bubble, we can push any 2 vs them. It's a huge topic that can't be really discussed in a single post, so I will advocate to post hands in the forum every time you have a hard time what to do.

In the meantime- check these videos imo: Click, also check the videos for push fold stage: Click

Keep in mind that in HU SnG(first video) there is no ICM involved, therefore push/fold ranges will change due to risk aversion and such. It should be still helpful though as you will improve your knowledge and approach to different opponents.

Cheers!
    • Angelface21
      Angelface21
      Bronze
      Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback first of all. I have had coaches, but I will tell one thing. That has anything to do with traumatized unfixed issues in life in general. Some people are not aware their fear of losing will make them losing in the long run. and are to tight on ranges when sb can push lose in general. playing many sit and goes. The volume proves that. Adaption is good but I think to get more plus ev in the long run plus the fact that they either call to loose or call to tight. I gain more ev just pushing 70- 80 percent from the sb in the long run. Regulars will call wider but not that wide that they call 30-35 percent of their range to often. In that case you can still push 70 from the sb. One coach told me this 3 years ago. Ok the game has changed but I think it is true.

Just a thought while I am trying to improve like everybody else. I will look into those videos as you suggested.

A lot of thanks,

AF