Pre Flop: (pot: $0.08) Hero has J:club: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.16, BTN calls $0.16, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.40, 2 players) J:heart: 8:heart: 2:spade:
      Hero bets $0.27, BTN calls $0.27

Turn: ($0.94, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.61, BTN calls $0.61

River: ($2.16, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.23, BTN calls $1.23

Hero shows J:club: A:club: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 67%, Flop 76%, Turn 89%)
      BTN mucks K:heart: 8:club: (Two Pair, Jacks and Eights) (Pre 33%, Flop 24%, Turn 11%)
      Hero wins $4.32
  • 4 replies
    • martinemem
      You can start implement some wierd bets that makes him want to bluff. However this have 2 upside, and 1 downside.

U can do cheap bluff's sometimes
      U can make him hot, and making wants to bluff.

Lesser value if he only calls. -> but then you get the probability of cheap bluffs.

Sorry for maybe sounding like a "know it all" but i had a legendary session today :)

And i hope it helps you.

And i know veriz has some kind of upshot in his mind he may share also :)

Goodnight to you :)
    • mrbeer9999
      I agree with betting more. I think the line you took is good against a 13/11 or 18/16 reg type who is less likely to call 3 streets with worse. The way you played it you have enough room to fold OTR if he raises you.

But against 26/11 fishies I prefer to max value. We can take a line more like this:

Flop (40c): bet 32c (two tone flop with J-8 smashes his fishy range and he calls with so many flush and straight draws).

Turn ($1.04): bet 78c

River ($2.60): bet $1.95 = $6.50 pot

Inducing bluffs as suggested about is quite FPS (Fancy Play Syndrome) for 5NL...you can do it but I suggest restrict it more to when you have the board totally crushed and are either facing aggressive fish who shove over any perceived weakness and/or multiple opponents where at least one of them is likely to stab.

Calling stations are the wrong type of player to try to induce with. Their mistake is not betting too much but calling too much...hence the name...
    • martinemem
      implement figured it painted well enough i meant in general.

I also wrote in another topic of his, that I agreed 100 % with his play. The reason for the post above i guess also is of my session today where it worked above average, even against a fish - i though had notes on jim which make'd it much more easier for me.

Buti i LOVE your post. I will try from now to think, PLEASE FOLD FISH, IM FUCKING BETTING 90% pot everytime. :f_love:
    • veriz
      Hello Tomaloc,

Especially while he doesn't look a good player it's a must to Bet bigger on such a drawy board, we need to protect and get value from his weaker hands. We don't need to balance vs bad players. But we are betting 3 streets. :P

Best Regards.