Everest - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $4.07
      SB: $10.59
      Hero (BB): $5.04
      UTG: $4.99

SB posts SB $0.03, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.08) Hero has J:heart: A:heart:

fold, BTN calls $0.05, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.20, BTN calls $0.15, fold

Flop: ($0.45, 2 players) 9:club: 5:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero bets $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.05, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.69, BTN raises to $1.38, fold

BTN wins $2.27

2 hands, looks like fish.
      i usually take turn minraises as their "i have top pair beat" tell.. :f_confused:
  • 6 replies
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      Usually is not excisting in winning poker.
      My oppinion :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      why not?

poker is about probabilities and adapting to players. and i don't see how "usually" doesn't apply to this example at all...
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      You cant really generalize, since 1 hand get in new situation every time.

Also i have never played a hand exactly the same way, unless if i get KK 3 times in row, as that has happened before.
      But that is pretty rare. So i cant se how u can say you normal se theese bets as sqeeze from monster. Depends on stack, on player, on stats, on position and also the amount of time you have sitted with him, if you now he is tilted and so on.

just my homble (spell) :D oppinion. :)

Im sure you can program yourself as a robot also and still win.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      so well, i have two hands on him and he limped from BU and he's not fully stacked and fish "usually" turnminraise their strong hands. what else do you want me to rely on ?(

[edit: i don't want to sound rude :f_biggrin: of course what you have said is true, we obviously shouldn't just fold to minraise every time. i just don't see why not in this particular case though, you're talking about reads dynamics and all but... here i have no reads :f_confused: ]
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze
      well in that situation the only thing you have to rely on is timing tell, does he instant min raise, or does he think long, both on pre, flop and turn. But it does sure looks like set, however, he knows you now that.
      Or is he a player that dont use timing, and takes 5 sec everytime to act both on preflop flop and turn. (Then its mostly a 'better' player)
      Or if he instant calls preflop, and thinking before calling your raise.
      All this usually makes the decision much easier.

I would go with my gut, or make a random decision 70/30 maybe. 70 on call actually since its a new player you havent database on, then he doesnt have on you either.

But i do agree 100 % with your play right here. But timing do make this sometimes easier.

Also, how many tables does he sit on.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: Vs 2 limpers + being OOP I'd raise it even $0,35. :P
      Postflop: Not much I would change here, doubt that we are far-far ahead vs the min-raise there is no point to Call either cause you most likely wont be able to Call the river. :) Nor we don't know what kind of outs are clean outs for us.

Best Regards.