This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [Sh]Nl10 Jj

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $24.28 (242.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $12.32 (123.2 bb)
      BB: $12.15 (121.5 bb)
      UTG: $17.89 (178.9 bb)
      MP: $7.59 (75.9 bb)
      CO: $15.60 (156 bb)

MP 58/25/13 hands
      BU 33/11/10 hands
      So both fairly unknown
      Is squeezing for value fine here? or better to keep the pot small OOP?
      i'm in a horrible spot if someone 4b.

Flop i thought was standard vbet.
      So is best line cbet flop,b/f turn?

He would probably check back worse hands OTT right?
      So i thought im most likely beat when he pots. I'm not sure he would turn worse PP into a bluff.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: J:diamond:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.30, CO folds, BTN calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.35, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.05

Flop: ($3.10) 7:heart: 6:spade: T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.95, BTN calls $1.95

Turn: ($7) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8.55, Hero folds
  • 2 replies
    • UTGDog
      UTGDog
      Bronze
      I think the play was pretty good preflop/post flop. The Turn I think is a c/f spot as it's conceivably possible he could be holding some smaller pairs with his flats preflop which could have flopped him a set or given him a gutshot. We simply don't know enough about the villain in this hand to make any solid reads or to justify a call as most likely you are behind in this spot most of the time. His range is most likely 7's-10's, possibly A's, but unlikely he would neglect to 4 bet preflop with such a hand. I think Js are too vulnerable in this situation to sets to justify a call on the turn and I think the best course of action is to c/f to any major aggression. Should you bet and he calls the turn, you are going to face a shove on the river a large majority of the time and you would have wasted a turn bet for nothing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dannywratten,

Preflop: Squeezing is still fine as long they are so bad players but I'd squeeze to $1,50 at least.

As played
      Postflop: Doubt that we can do much there, we can't be here ever far-far ahead cause the only hope is that we going to see some overcards and that's it. So I wouldn't even mind your play. Tough to Bet/Fold the turn while it would cost a lot money for us and we wont get called from worse anyways.

Best Regards.