• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Stats:
      CO looks tight on 90 hands -> 19/12
      BU is unkown.

Preflop:
      I guess 9Ts is better to open from the CO? Well I did it because there weren't any aggro guys on my left and the SB was really tight.

Flop:
      I guess a standard valuebet for value from mostly flushdraws. I expect that sets raise now.

Turn
      Because I expect sets would have raised the flop, as will prbably 2 pair I just fire another bet to get value from draws out there.

River
      Obv. can't valuebet so my plan was to check/call but this bet seems so value-ish. I rly didn't know what to do.
      - Fold? Because vbet-ish bet
      - Call? Because many missed draws
      - Raise/bluff? To get better 9's and hand like TT to fold.

Really wanted to use that last option but didn't do it because lack of info. So I called.

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1751508
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $28.74
      BTN: $56.17
      SB: $9.70
      BB: $25.35
      UTG: $25.35
      Hero (MP): $27.10

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is MP with 9 :club: T :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.60) 9 :heart: 6 :diamond: 8 :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.65, CO folds, BTN calls $1.65

Turn: ($5.90) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.90, BTN calls $3.90

River: ($13.70) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5, Hero calls $5
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Seems to be fine, why not to open it from MP? :) If you see yourself having an edge on the table and maybe some bad players against you want to play then why not?
      Postflop: Well, the question is if he would even Bet this way with missed draws. Seems like thin value-bet. Although can we fold? Most likely I wouldn't but wouldn't it be better just to turn our hand into bluff? -> Again the question is towards how the opponent sees us, we can't represent that many hands either but this could be one of the spots where I'd do it and turn rather my TP into bluff cause the only hands which Call us might be FH hands unless we have another image and he just hero-calls there cause we can't represent much.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Preflop: Seems to be fine, why not to open it from MP? :) If you see yourself having an edge on the table and maybe some bad players against you want to play then why not?
      Postflop: Well, the question is if he would even Bet this way with missed draws. Seems like thin value-bet. Although can we fold? Most likely I wouldn't but wouldn't it be better just to turn our hand into bluff? -> Again the question is towards how the opponent sees us, we can't represent that many hands either but this could be one of the spots where I'd do it and turn rather my TP into bluff cause the only hands which Call us might be FH hands unless we have another image and he just hero-calls there cause we can't represent much.

Best Regards.
      Thank you again veriz!

How big would you bluff on the river? Because of all the missed draws it seems like we have a lot of sd value to check it, no? But you probably mean that we also fold out all beter 9's and maybe TT with a bluff so we win the pot like around 95%?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      How big would you bluff on the river? Because of all the missed draws it seems like we have a lot of sd value to check it, no? But you probably mean that we also fold out all beter 9's and maybe TT with a bluff so we win the pot like around 95%?

Well, the problem is his Bet sizing, not sure if he would even bluff like this. :( Really looks like "please make a Call" with having TT/JJ. So the question is if there would be bigger fold equity if we do it bigger -> which would be ship it. Otherwise we could leave behind like $5 so make it $15 with specific information about his WTSD/W$SD. I would assume he is coming up there very often with TT-JJ -> which we are trying to make to fold.