[NL20-NL50] Zoom25 SH

• fruktpuff
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $18.39 (73.6 bb)
      Hero (SB): $25.45 (101.8 bb)
      BB: $29.47 (117.9 bb)
      UTG: $12.20 (48.8 bb)
      MP: $15.75 (63 bb)
      CO: $14.09 (56.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6 7
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.62, BB raises to $1.75, Hero calls $1.13

Flop: ($3.50) 3 3 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($3.50) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB folds

Results: $3.50 pot ($0.16 rake)
      Final Board: 3 3 Q 7
      Hero mucked 6 7 and won $3.34 ($1.59 net)
      BB mucked and lost (-$1.75 net)

At the time, I thought nothing of betting here, it seems obvious auto-piloting when he'd checked behind.
      Then I got to thinking, is this really a good bet? I mean, quite often he could have something semi-solid that he checks behind here to checkraise, my hitting the 7 is really irrelevant as this is an easy spot to bet against missed c-bet, so ignoring that it was a 7 that I hit, is this a bad spot to "auto-bet" in a 3bet pot against a missed Cbet, or is it just setting money on fire as I can't really do much if he raises it but fold really..
  • 2 replies
    • Farmarchist
      I'd just fold that hand preflop when I got 3bet. Plays pretty hard OOP. Unless you have reads like he folds to a lot of ch/raises than it can be fine I guess. Without this info I'd just fold....

On the turn I just check but I do it because I think this is a board where he will cbets always on with his air. His range consists JJ, TT, Qx here a lot of the time, which won't fold. Let's say you know he plays fitorfold and hij doesn't cbet AK here, than the bet would be good cause you protect vs overs.
    • veriz
      Hello fruktpuff,

Preflop: Calling with just 7 high is pretty cruel here, rather just fold it or either 4bet/Fold.

As played
      Postflop: Depends a lot on the opponent here, not sure if the Betting idea is even good cause I would assume him still be CBetting with something like AK for fold equity and rather weaker PPs Check behind which we of course wont make to fold. Therefore I'd also Check the turn. But neither I wouldn't mind the bet if you had a good feeling, it's still ZOOM where people just fit/Fold only. :D

Best Regards.