BTN: $4 (100 bb)
      SB: $5.49 (137.3 bb)
      BB: $7.54 (188.5 bb)
      UTG+1: $3.96 (99 bb)
      UTG+2: $3.03 (75.8 bb)
      MP1: $3.21 (80.3 bb)
      MP2: $4.09 (102.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T J
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.46) 3 T 5 (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.70, UTG+2 calls $0.54

Turn: ($1.86) A (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1, UTG+2 folds

OPP is 78/30. Is this play vs this opp OK?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

Don't really see many worse hands paying you on the turn anymore, FD got there, overcard is on board. Check behind. :) Only reason to Bet is for free showdown and maybe even for protection but is it even worth to risk so much money? What if he shoves? He could even be shoving with worse hands, do you plan to Call?

Best Regards.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

Don't really see many worse hands paying you on the turn anymore, FD got there, overcard is on board. Check behind. :) Only reason to Bet is for free showdown and maybe even for protection but is it even worth to risk so much money? What if he shoves? He could even be shoving with worse hands, do you plan to Call?

Best Regards.
      yeah but if we check behind he can easily spot some weakness and just pot the river maybe for bluff and maybe for value, we never know so we are left guessing.. I think it is better line to bet the turn, could be reping A with x club, just because we can probably see the showdown for free, ..
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Hello veriz,

I decided to bet for free showdown because I expect him to shove or at least bet pot on river if I check. My bet is just a bit more then 1/2 pot, because I'm folding without thinking if he shoves over me. I don't think he has many A in his hand because with this PFR he is probably raising every Ax hand or at least most of them, and with his VPIP I guess his not limping only if theres a raise in front of him and he has really bad cards, so it's 3:1 that his hand is not suited :f_p:

All in all if he shoves over me, I think he is most likely to have T5 or T3, and if not, I actually think I'm in front :f_confused:

OK, can You now count all the mistakes in my thinking proces? :f_biggrin:

Tnx!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      That's exactly what I feared there that if you Bet then you planning to fold. You can't plan to fold the hand vs his stack while you just practically are committed vs his whole range. If you bet there then we also planning to Call down -> protection & value. I am not saying it's wrong but then you also must focus on such plan as where you would also go broke vs his whole range which could contain a lot of worse Tx hands there and maybe even worse.