NL SH Advanced by Sebra

• Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      I'm a maniac, maaaaaaniac!

Goldcoaching on Tuesday, 13th.

I have to say something first. My coachings are targeted towards a more advanced audience. I say that, because I had a couple of NL10 players in my coaching. I don't want to blame you and it's nice to have you there guys. But most of the things I do won't work at lower stakes and it's very easy to misapply some things I say or do and because of my aggressive style, that's an easy way to go busto.

That being said, the session was nice. I decided to show how to beat up on the tight Titan regulars that fill up almost all of the midstakes+ tables. I played 30/24 or something, which might have been a little bit too loose, but I wanted to get into as many spots as I can get during the 90 minutes session.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2607903

Overpear was the only one at the tables who adjusted to my style and played back a decent amount of the time. So I expected that he raises the flop with a LOT and to say it with the words of a great NL pro "I have 2 backdoor draws, gonna peel one off". Even if I don't improve on the turn, he might check and I can take away the pot on the river or maybe checkraise the turn, if I think he is weak.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2608072

Again a hand vs. Overpear. He reraises preflop, but we have more than 100bb behind, I have a good grasp on his postflop game and he was playing back at me a ton, so I decided to call.
      On the flop, we hit nothing but he checks back an A-high board with 2 suits, that's almost always a pair below the ace. So if I want to take away this pot, I have to bet 2 times. If I don't want to bet 2 times, I shouldnt bet at all, because he checked behind to control the potsize, he will definitely call once here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2608089

Last hand I played vs. a huge nit and I played it somewhat tricky. I think he is aware of the fact that I'm rasing very light, but still I think he doesn't call me too light preflop.
      Flop is decent, BUT if villain has an underpair, he will fold a lot of the time because it seemed like he was on scared money. And I will stack off vs. AK anyway, so I decided to check and maybe get 2 calls out of KK/QQ on the turn and river or maybe he bluffs, but I doubt that.
      Rest of the hand is self-explanatory, I bet 2 streets for value and he falls for the trap with JJ.
  • 6 replies
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I like the line in the third hand, it's something I do too mostly vs. a nitty opponent. Always works like a charm :D
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      nice hands, ty
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Hope that's the right thread :)

I played 4 tables of NL100 today and tried to focus especially on creating an aggressive postflop image in order to get more action on my strong hands later on. Unfortunately I was totally carddead, so that I just had to play a little tighter than expected.
      But we still had a few interesting Hands involved:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2864208

The hand was played at the beginning of the session and I was trying to build my maniac image.
      Villain is a TAG and I know from my Holdem Manager Stats, that he is 3betting a very wide range >10%. Also I am expecting to cbet such a board very often.
      I think he is going to call my shove with JJ+, AJ, 77, 33 for a total Range of 2,5%

So if he 3bets a Range of 10%, I expect him to fold here ~75% of the time.
      If I get called I'll have ~12,36% Equity
      My total EV is:

EV = 0.75 * 40$ - 0,25 * 0.876 * 87$ + 0.25 * 0.124 * 111.5$ ~ 30$ - 19$ + 3,5$ = 14,5$

So with all my assumptions this move is heavily +EV!

Another interesting hand:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($119.40)
      Button ($19.60)
      SB ($46.35)
      BB ($37.80)
      UTG ($100)
      Hero ($105.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8:heart: , 8:diamond: .
      Hero raises to $3.5, CO calls $3.50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($8.50) 2:spade: , J:spade: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $5, CO raises to $16, Hero calls $11.

Turn: ($40.50) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $34, Hero raises to $85.7 (All-In), CO folds.

Final Pot: $108.50

Villain is an overaggro TAG here.

I expect him not too raise a J very often on the Flop. So his Range is (Semi-)Bluffs a very rare deuce and sometimes a slowplayed AA/KK.
      Having such a polarized Range is usually a leak you can heavily exploit as the weak hands are just so much more likely. So here I'm going for the Turn check/raise with my eight's, as I'm good against the Flushdraw, which is a huge part of his Range.
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      I played 4 tables of NL100 again at sebra's coaching and was able to end up winning about one stack.
      Even though I was kinda carddead most of the time I still played a very nice straightforward tight aggressive game, with ~20/18 stats.

We had alot of preflop action including loose 3bets and facing loose 3bets, but unfortunately only a few huge postflop spots.
      Here is one of the more difficult ones:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($106.90)
      BB ($117.90)
      UTG ($98.80)
      Hero ($101.50)
      CO ($100)
      Button ($132.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K:club: , A:diamond: .
      1 fold, Hero raises to $3.5, 1 fold, Button calls $3.50, SB calls $3, 1 fold.

Flop: ($11.50) K:spade: , 7:diamond: , Q:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $8, Hero calls $8, Button folds.

Turn: ($27.50) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $27.50

Villain is running 20/6/1,3 over 150 hands at this spot.
      He was super tight postflop and folded to 80% of the cbets, so I see him being very strong here.

On the Flop I don't want to raise, because I thinks I'm going to isolate myself against better hands that was. So I called, even though I offered the 3rd player great odds that way.

Turn even completes the Flushdraw and I'm beating almost nothing out of his bet/bet range, so I decide to fold.
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Been doing this weeks coaching again, playing 4 tables of NL100 at Titan Poker.
      Session started out kinda boring, since people gave me alot of credit and never played back. But that changed as I started out getting loose and aggro stealing their blinds.
      Here is an example of how important hand reading can get:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer Game#1125401425

Hero ($100)
      BB ($93)
      UTG ($113)
      CO ($309)
      BTN ($214)

Dealt to Hero J:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4, call,

FLOP ($8) A:heart: 3:spade: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $6, BB raises to $16, Hero raises to $33, BB folds, , Hero shows J:club: K:heart: ,

Hero wins $38

Villain was 19/16/2,8 on ~400 Hands so definately a competent regular.
      So what kind of range is he raising on the flop?
      There is absolutely nothing he can represent. There is almost no 3 in his range and he might even be slowplaying that one.
      I don't expect him to raise a Hand like AJ/AT here, he'd rather go for potcontrol with it.
      AK/AQ/AA is very unlikely because of his preflop play, too. So I expect him to have a bluff super often and decided to rebluff, which worked out perfectly :)
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Ya, this was probably one of the most exciting coachings I ever had! Played 4 tables of NL100 on Titan, like always. And we really had great discussions there about things like continuation betting vs taking a freecard, how to play guys 3betting you alot and how to hero call :D

Here is one of the sickest calls I ever made ;)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer Game#1157509741

SB ($81.50)
      BB ($118)
      UTG ($138)
      Hero ($106)
      CO ($161)
      BTN ($38.05)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $4, fold, fold, fold, call,

FLOP ($8.50) 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:club:

BB bets $4.25, Hero calls $4.25,

TURN ($17) 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:club: T:spade:

BB bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50,

RIVER ($34) 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:club: T:spade: 5:spade:

BB bets $34, Hero calls $34,

BB shows 9:spade: K:spade:
      (Flop 8.8%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero shows J:diamond: K:diamond:
      (Flop 91.2%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero wins $99

Villain started out super aggro. He's repping a set/straight/5x here, but given the way he played so far I think he is going to have a pure bluff >33% of the time. A-high is more likely to check the river, so I think you can almost treat KJ as AA in this spot!