This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL SH Advanced by Sebra

• Sebra
      Sebra
      Bronze
      I'm a maniac, maaaaaaniac!

Goldcoaching on Tuesday, 13th.

I have to say something first. My coachings are targeted towards a more advanced audience. I say that, because I had a couple of NL10 players in my coaching. I don't want to blame you and it's nice to have you there guys. But most of the things I do won't work at lower stakes and it's very easy to misapply some things I say or do and because of my aggressive style, that's an easy way to go busto.

That being said, the session was nice. I decided to show how to beat up on the tight Titan regulars that fill up almost all of the midstakes+ tables. I played 30/24 or something, which might have been a little bit too loose, but I wanted to get into as many spots as I can get during the 90 minutes session.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2607903

Overpear was the only one at the tables who adjusted to my style and played back a decent amount of the time. So I expected that he raises the flop with a LOT and to say it with the words of a great NL pro "I have 2 backdoor draws, gonna peel one off". Even if I don't improve on the turn, he might check and I can take away the pot on the river or maybe checkraise the turn, if I think he is weak.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2608072

Again a hand vs. Overpear. He reraises preflop, but we have more than 100bb behind, I have a good grasp on his postflop game and he was playing back at me a ton, so I decided to call.
      On the flop, we hit nothing but he checks back an A-high board with 2 suits, that's almost always a pair below the ace. So if I want to take away this pot, I have to bet 2 times. If I don't want to bet 2 times, I shouldnt bet at all, because he checked behind to control the potsize, he will definitely call once here.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2608089

Last hand I played vs. a huge nit and I played it somewhat tricky. I think he is aware of the fact that I'm rasing very light, but still I think he doesn't call me too light preflop.
      Flop is decent, BUT if villain has an underpair, he will fold a lot of the time because it seemed like he was on scared money. And I will stack off vs. AK anyway, so I decided to check and maybe get 2 calls out of KK/QQ on the turn and river or maybe he bluffs, but I doubt that.
      Rest of the hand is self-explanatory, I bet 2 streets for value and he falls for the trap with JJ.
  • 6 replies
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I like the line in the third hand, it's something I do too mostly vs. a nitty opponent. Always works like a charm :D
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      nice hands, ty
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Hope that's the right thread :)

I played 4 tables of NL100 today and tried to focus especially on creating an aggressive postflop image in order to get more action on my strong hands later on. Unfortunately I was totally carddead, so that I just had to play a little tighter than expected.
      But we still had a few interesting Hands involved:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2864208

The hand was played at the beginning of the session and I was trying to build my maniac image.
      Villain is a TAG and I know from my Holdem Manager Stats, that he is 3betting a very wide range >10%. Also I am expecting to cbet such a board very often.
      I think he is going to call my shove with JJ+, AJ, 77, 33 for a total Range of 2,5%

So if he 3bets a Range of 10%, I expect him to fold here ~75% of the time.
      If I get called I'll have ~12,36% Equity
      My total EV is:

EV = 0.75 * 40$ - 0,25 * 0.876 * 87$ + 0.25 * 0.124 * 111.5$ ~ 30$ - 19$ + 3,5$ = 14,5$

So with all my assumptions this move is heavily +EV!

Another interesting hand:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($119.40)
      Button ($19.60)
      SB ($46.35)
      BB ($37.80)
      UTG ($100)
      Hero ($105.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8:heart: , 8:diamond: .
      Hero raises to $3.5, CO calls $3.50, 3 folds.

Flop: ($8.50) 2:spade: , J:spade: , 2:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $5, CO raises to $16, Hero calls $11.

Turn: ($40.50) 7:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $34, Hero raises to $85.7 (All-In), CO folds.

Final Pot: $108.50

Villain is an overaggro TAG here.

I expect him not too raise a J very often on the Flop. So his Range is (Semi-)Bluffs a very rare deuce and sometimes a slowplayed AA/KK.
      Having such a polarized Range is usually a leak you can heavily exploit as the weak hands are just so much more likely. So here I'm going for the Turn check/raise with my eight's, as I'm good against the Flushdraw, which is a huge part of his Range.
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      I played 4 tables of NL100 again at sebra's coaching and was able to end up winning about one stack.
      Even though I was kinda carddead most of the time I still played a very nice straightforward tight aggressive game, with ~20/18 stats.

We had alot of preflop action including loose 3bets and facing loose 3bets, but unfortunately only a few huge postflop spots.
      Here is one of the more difficult ones:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($106.90)
      BB ($117.90)
      UTG ($98.80)
      Hero ($101.50)
      CO ($100)
      Button ($132.20)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K:club: , A:diamond: .
      1 fold, Hero raises to $3.5, 1 fold, Button calls $3.50, SB calls $3, 1 fold.

Flop: ($11.50) K:spade: , 7:diamond: , Q:spade: (3 players)
      SB bets $8, Hero calls $8, Button folds.

Turn: ($27.50) 5:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $20, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $27.50

Villain is running 20/6/1,3 over 150 hands at this spot.
      He was super tight postflop and folded to 80% of the cbets, so I see him being very strong here.

On the Flop I don't want to raise, because I thinks I'm going to isolate myself against better hands that was. So I called, even though I offered the 3rd player great odds that way.

Turn even completes the Flushdraw and I'm beating almost nothing out of his bet/bet range, so I decide to fold.
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Been doing this weeks coaching again, playing 4 tables of NL100 at Titan Poker.
      Session started out kinda boring, since people gave me alot of credit and never played back. But that changed as I started out getting loose and aggro stealing their blinds.
      Here is an example of how important hand reading can get:

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer Game#1125401425

Hero ($100)
      BB ($93)
      UTG ($113)
      CO ($309)
      BTN ($214)

Dealt to Hero J:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $4, call,

FLOP ($8) A:heart: 3:spade: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $6, BB raises to $16, Hero raises to $33, BB folds, , Hero shows J:club: K:heart: ,

Hero wins $38

Villain was 19/16/2,8 on ~400 Hands so definately a competent regular.
      So what kind of range is he raising on the flop?
      There is absolutely nothing he can represent. There is almost no 3 in his range and he might even be slowplaying that one.
      I don't expect him to raise a Hand like AJ/AT here, he'd rather go for potcontrol with it.
      AK/AQ/AA is very unlikely because of his preflop play, too. So I expect him to have a bluff super often and decided to rebluff, which worked out perfectly :)
    • atuerke
      atuerke
      Bronze
      Ya, this was probably one of the most exciting coachings I ever had! Played 4 tables of NL100 on Titan, like always. And we really had great discussions there about things like continuation betting vs taking a freecard, how to play guys 3betting you alot and how to hero call :D

Here is one of the sickest calls I ever made ;)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $1(BB) Replayer Game#1157509741

SB ($81.50)
      BB ($118)
      UTG ($138)
      Hero ($106)
      CO ($161)
      BTN ($38.05)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: K:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $4, fold, fold, fold, call,

FLOP ($8.50) 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:club:

BB bets $4.25, Hero calls $4.25,

TURN ($17) 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:club: T:spade:

BB bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50,

RIVER ($34) 5:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:club: T:spade: 5:spade:

BB bets $34, Hero calls $34,

BB shows 9:spade: K:spade:
      (Flop 8.8%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero shows J:diamond: K:diamond:
      (Flop 91.2%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero wins $99

Villain started out super aggro. He's repping a set/straight/5x here, but given the way he played so far I think he is going to have a pure bluff >33% of the time. A-high is more likely to check the river, so I think you can almost treat KJ as AA in this spot!