[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH Deepstacked

• Hopey
      Hopey
      Bronze
      I make a standard raise from BU and get 3bet (the guy plays a LAG style and 3bets from the blinds 10% of the time- 300 hand sample) 10, I call for set value, is this a good move?

The flop comes down K high, he makes a contibet I think that there are many hands I can represent with a raise and I plan on raising again on the turn if I get called (the opponent plays a LAG style but folds 100% of hands on the turn- 300 hand sample size). He calls and so I raise the turn, quite a large bet because I want to represent the K and make drawing hands or weak top pairs fold. Then I run into trouble and he calls me.

On the river what should I do after he checks to me? I think my hands showdown value is pretty poor against a lot of his range, but he could have missed his draw or be clinging to a weak pair (couldn't he?). Should I bet again to get some hands to fold or just check and accept I'm crushed by a lot of his range that would call a river bet?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $40.48
      BB:
      $10.15
      MP2:
      $17.59
      MP3:
      $9.85
      CO:
      $10.00
      BU (Hero):
      $28.58

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, 7.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB raises to $1.10, BB folds, Hero calls $0.80.

Flop: ($2.3) 5, K, 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $1.32, Hero raises to $4.00, SB calls $2.68.

Turn: ($10.3) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $7.38, SB calls $7.38.

River: ($25.06) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Hopey,

While his 3betting range hits such a board I wouldn't be raising the flop in first place without much information how he continues the hands, how often he goes to showdown, how often wins the pot nor nothing. Therefore I'd just fold the hand. :)

As played not worth the bluff cause I doubt that he is going to fold so often and as I mentioned I don't know anything about his image how often goes to showdown. I'd even give up on the turn without any information. Why to risk almost 300BB?

Best Regards.