100/200-100/200/20

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Hey All,

Ongame SNGs have these Levels, and I am not really sure how much difrent -EV pushes should be made, for example...

100/200 with 6BB UTG with Q10o with say 7 players should I fold because blinds are only going up to 100/200/20, but if blinds were 100/200/20 with everthing else the same I would push because blinds are going up to 200/400/40 next hand.

Does that sound right?
  • 2 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, BigAl123456!

There is a great video by <3 that will be in a good help for your questions. However, it requires gold status. Which is very easy to get though. I remember you being >bronze back in the day.

Still, I will try to put down the most important things that we need to consider, so you can make or understand how the calculations are done yourself:

First- open wiz and try to give your opponents an estimate calling ranges on your shove. You are the one responsible for this as SnG wiz default ranges are bad. Set edge. The shorter we are, the less FE we have, the more minus % edge we should take. The softer the table is, the more FE we have- the more willing we are to give yourselves zero or even slightly + % edge on our 5-6 BI pushes. Of course number of people matter, so does many other factors, but just giving you a hint.

Than we need to make some calculations, these will be the follow:

:heart: % that we steal the blinds by pushing and not get called- we can check this from wiz under Analyses details- prob%"
      :heart: % that we push(win) and push(lose) when we get called- we get this info by using the eqilab
      :heart: cost of posting EqDiff(fold), EqDiff(steal), EqDiff(called and win), EqDiff(push average) from nash charts.

We do some calculations using this info we get not a 100% accurate, but still somehow useful information.

As this process takes time though, I will recommend you to also try SnG Solver. Watching the Video once again will be the most helpful thing, so I hope you gain your status again.

To answer your questions more practical though: with 6bb UTG w QTo and 7-handed- I fold. With antes involved (20 chips per player) 7-handed, I push as we have about 4 true BB (however our FE will be a bit bigger imo as people underestimate antes or just don't understand how they influence push/calling ranges). If blinds are about to go up significantly next hand- say from 100/200/20 to 200/400/40, then I will be willing to add some more hands to my push range as next hand our FE will be greatly reduced.

Without antes I will fold QTo for even 5bb 7-8 handed. Probably pushing QJ though.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Wow thanks for this man very informative, and yer my defualt is folding Q10o there aswell just thought I would check tho.