This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SH5 c/r vs steal

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Everest - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $1.70
      UTG: $2.92
      MP: $3.28
      CO: $4.27
      BTN: $6.42
      Hero (SB): $8.85

Hero posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.08) Hero has J:club: A:spade:

[P] BU Raising Range {ATs,A5s,QJs,JTs,A8o-A9o,QJo}

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.18, Hero calls $0.15, fold
      i didn't want to 3bet and isolate. rather play dominating his range

Flop: ($0.41, 2 players) T:heart: 7:diamond: 9:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.69, BTN raises to $1.87, fold
      he folds to c/r a lot, also his weak sizing.
      good flop to try to prey on?

BTN wins $1.69
  • 2 replies
    • UTGDog
      UTGDog
      Bronze
      given the fact that you already have a solid idea of his playable range preflop, that board is all over his range and extremely wet.

Preflop: I would be inclined to raise him here and really put some pressure on him to try to narrow his range or just attack his steal attempt.

As Played
      Post Flop: I would be c/f here since we already know he is likely to have hit this board pretty strong. Bad spot to try and pick on him here and I would elect to just lay it down. Even a c/c is questionable given the flush draw and the good possibility that we could be drawing to the second nut straight.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since board is so drawheady I would prefer either leading or c/c. You have quite a lot of outs and if he has there air or low pp he would likely fold to your lead or once you c/c he would likely give up.

best regards,