This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 Overpair on 2pair board

• esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $14.41
      MP+1: $13.88
      CO: $2.95
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $10.46
      BB: $26.96
      UTG: $22.03
      Hero (UTG+1): $10.16

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:diamond: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, MP+1 calls $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.95, 2 players) 2:heart: T:spade: Q:club:
      Hero bets $0.60, MP+1 calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.15, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero bets $1.53, MP+1 calls $1.53

River: ($5.21, 2 players) T:diamond:
      Hero bets $2.50, MP+1 raises to $6.20, Hero calls $3.70

Hand could of been played better by my part, the river call is pointless, but it did raise some interesting questions.

Villain was 40/10 over 62 hands. I had seen him limp/call 75o and JTo, so I figure his range is quite wide.

Think his flop calling range is something like 22,ATs,A2s,KQs,KTs,QTs+,JTs,ATo,A2o,KQo,KTo,QTo+,JTo. He may or may not have TT, AQ there, he had 16% 3bet pre but sample was small. Didnt stick out a big flop bet as the only draw is J9.

Turn, I dont think he is calling with A2 unless Ah2h, our equity goes down to the point were near flipping. As im OOP, is that even worth a bet? Should I check/call? There still isnt much there to actually protect from except mid pair type hands, and I would keep the pot small going to the river.

River, most of his range just made it, is there even any point in a bet? what about a check/call? The only hand I beat that I can see him betting with when checked to there is Ah2h, while he would bet a lot of hands that are crushing mine.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello esuohdla,

The only hand I beat that I can see him betting with when checked to there is Ah2h

Well, then exclude this hand as well cause 2 is on the flop. :D But yeah, I'd just Check/Fold the river most likely, doubt that we going to see a lot of bluffs there.

Best Regards.