Winning chips at various blind levels

• savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      Hi! I'd like to compare this table with someone's who beats 15$+ turbos on Stars or at least get an input from someone who knows what they're talking about. I guess losing so many chips at t100 and t150 is a pretty big leak. I presume that the reason for this is that I don't steal and/or resteal enough. Is there anything else which could be of concern?

Thanks.
  • 11 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, man. I will post my graph from 9-player SnGs on ps. Sample is 3096 SnGs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by savage1981
      Hi! I'd like to compare this graph with someone's who beats 15$+ turbos on Stars or at least get an input from someone who knows what they're talking about. I guess losing so many chips at t100 and t150 is a pretty big leak. I presume that the reason for this is that I don't steal and/or resteal enough. Is there anything else which could be of concern?

Thanks.
      how can one access this table report on HEM2?
    • savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      I could tell you, but it will cost you. Only joking. Reports=>More reports=>Winnings summary
    • savage1981
      savage1981
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kurrkabin
      Hi, man. I will post my graph from 9-player SnGs on ps. Sample is 3096 SnGs.
      Cheers pal!
    • Luupainaja
      Luupainaja
      Bronze
      Here's mine. Why my ev stats are all losing in higher levels? Does it mean that i push too loose?

• gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by savage1981
      I could tell you, but it will cost you. Only joking. Reports=>More reports=>Winnings summary
      thanks :f_biggrin: , the only place I didn't think to look.
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Luupainaja
      Here's mine. Why my ev stats are all losing in higher levels? Does it mean that i push too loose?

You should be winning chips in every stage of the game. I guess it has to do something with your push/fold on these higher blind levels. EV looks good up to bb200 though! BB300+ sample is too small imo.
    • topolman
      topolman
      Gold
      Hello guys, when I saw this I was wondering how will my table of winning chips at different blind levels look like... :)
      Here it is:

Those are speeds and turbos on party. Sample around 7-8K.
      What should take from this info? Should I practice more with ICM trainer or wizard on blinds where I am losing (200/400)?
      What you think guyz? ?(
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Well, you are winning $ in all the blind levels but the bb400 one, so that's a good thing. I've played quite a few games on 10-player Ongame SnGs and believe me- learning high blind ICM was a really big help. But it's super complicated at the same time. Did you, by the way, check the FGS video by <3. Will be a help for you understanding how to improve in these late stages play-here's a link: Click
    • topolman
      topolman
      Gold
      Thanks man for the video :) . As I am thniking, this losing on 200/400 is caused by blind structure on Partypoker sngs for sure.
      The thing is, there is kind of steep jump from 100/200 to 200/400, which lot of times leads to situation where you have solid 10-11bb stack on 100/200, but then suddenly you drop to 5-6bb stack when blinds jump to 200/400. Those sitations, when we are this shortstacked, still lot of people playing (still far away from money) I need to push a lot of not ideal hands from UTG or MP. Just to keep my fold equity.
      What to do with that? Should I push steal looser when its 100/200 from late positions. Or even on 50/100 try to abuse every unoppened BTN?
      Really dont know here, when you said that I should be winning chips in all of the stages... :f_confused:
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      You should be definitely winning on all blind levels. That's how good players are and this your goal, I think :)

Uhm...Don't go super crazy. Pay attention and add a few more hands into your shoving range when blinds are about to increase. F.e. a marginal push will become a push if I know that next hand I will be down from 10 to 5bb. A close fold will become a close push in this situation.

Try improving your push/fold in general, but don't feel desperate to accumulate chips and do stupid loose call/pushes when you are deep just because 2 blind levels from now- you will be very short. I also notice that most regs are good with their shoving ranges, but they have huge leaks with their 8-5bb eff. calling ranges.

Also, don't make the mistake imo that most regs do when they go 5-6bb short. They start shoving clearly bad hands in order to save FE. I think that minus EV pushes are somehow overrated...or maybe that's not the right word. They are just believed to be a must and people go nuts shoving Q5s, A2o, 85s 7-handed UTG for 5bb, when most of the table is 4-7bb deep. Pay attention to antes. A lot of regs don't adjust properly and antes really do change much.

Watch the vid, post hands and I think this will be a good help for you.